Is a cherry head the Tory for me ???

TurtSquirt

Hi guys I'm going to the Caribbean for a while on a boat and would like to buy a new cherry head. But I need to confirm a few thing I need to know how big these types of torts get. I need to know where I should buy a nice looking cherry head. And how big they are after a year old. And how big of a habitat a RF cherry head needs after a year. Because I am staying on a boat for a year and need a small but a right sized container for a baby cherry head that will grow. I'm planning on getting a much bigger container when I get off the boat tho so I need help!! Thx guys I've read answers on other questions and u guys seem reliable thanks a lot !!!!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Hmmm...you asked a lot of questions I don't know the answers to. You also brought questions to my mind when you mention living on a boat for a year.

One thing I do know...If I ever bought a redfoot of any variation it would be from JD @N2TORTS

Hopefully some redfoot keepers can share input on your other questions.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Member @dumje has Cherry heads for sale in Florida.
Cherry heads stay a little smaller than std. Redfoot.
At a year old I would imagine it would be 4 inches across. A four inch tortoise would live O.K. with four square feet of room or larger.
But optimally, you would want a large outdoor enclosure.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I think trying to keep a tortoise on a boat for a year is asking for trouble. I would wait until after your boat tenure to obtain any species of tortoise.