Is daisy sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Is Daisy sick? Every time I go into my room I see her and she is burrowing under her food dish, in a corner, or under her log hide. She seems to be eating well and her shell is looking good (When I got her it had slight pyramiding). Do you think she is dehydrated? The temperatures in her terrarium are perfect for a russian and I do not know what is wrong. She only stays in the cool side of her terrarium and I have not seen her go on her basking slab in a long time. She also does not walk around very much unless she's going to her food or log. I am getting concerned now because when I was at the fair there was another Russian tortoise and it seemed to be walking around a lot in its terrarium unlike Daisy. Should I make an appointment to the vet? Other than the burrowing she seems fine. Not that burrowing is a bad thing for tortoises to do.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I hope Daisy is ok!!I wish I could help you!! I am sure you will get answers soon! Good luck!!!

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
I soak her every time I take her out for about 10-30 minutes each time. So, about every other day

Never mind! I called the vivarium and described the problem and its ok! She's just not active because of the heat!

Ansh

5 Year Member
Cambridge, UK
My stars do that as well. I think you'll find that she is doing perfectly well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.