is he going to make it?

nancyfurst

5 Year Member
I am wondering if my baby Sulcata will make it, he sleeps most of the time, he does not seem to be active, but he does walk, very picky eater, and I have not seen poop in his enclosure, I might be eating the poop, I don't know, but, he does eat.
His eyes look clear and nose looks fine, no drainage, 82 on the cool side, 92 on the hot side ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468965094.821001.jpg

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I am wondering if my baby Sulcata will make it, he sleeps most of the time, he does not seem to be active, but he does walk, very picky eater, and I have not seen poop in his enclosure, I might be eating the poop, I don't know, but, he does eat.
His eyes look clear and nose looks fine, no drainage, 82 on the cool side, 92 on the hot side View attachment 180805
Try to raise the hot side a little bit to 100. Ask the past owner or petshop what they feed him. Try feeding the same things first whwther it is good or bad. When he is better, change the food to the good diet starting by the combination of good food is 5% and slowly adding the percentage.
That was what i learnt from here.
Hope everything get better for you and your little cutey there.
I like his eyes, looks very clear and very cute.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try to raise the hot side a little bit to 100. Ask the past owner or petshop what they feed him. Try feeding the same things first whwther it is good or bad. When he is better, change the food to the good diet starting by the combination of good food is 5% and slowly adding the percentage.
That was what i learnt from here.
Hope everything get better for you and your little cutey there.
I like his eyes, looks very clear and very cute.
@nancyfurst Actually only the basking spot should be 100 not the whole side. The rest of the area should be 80. These high temps are in combination with a high humidity of at least 80%. The high humidity is needed with the higher temps.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
@nancyfurst Actually only the basking spot should be 100 not the whole side. The rest of the area should be 80. These high temps are in combination with a high humidity of at least 80%. The high humidity is needed with the higher temps.
Yes! I am sorry. Wellington corrected it well. Thank you..
Also, soaks him in luke warm water for 30min minimal everday. at first he will not liking it, but just ignore him. He will be well if you do it that way :D:p @nancyfurst

nancyfurst

5 Year Member
I'm happy to tell you that my little guy is doing great!! I don't know what it was, but the breeder said he was probably stress about the change of his enclosure.
Thank you all

sue white

5 Year Member
Central IL
I am so glad for you. I've been thinking about the little guy and wondering how he was doing thanks for letting us know

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Glad all going well. I would sink that water dish into the substrate so the sides are level with the ground so it's easier for him to get in and out when he wants.
I'd replace it with a terracotta plant saucer sunk into the substrate. Those reptile bowls are a tipping hazard

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'd replace it with a terracotta plant saucer sunk into the substrate. Those reptile bowls are a tipping hazard
It's not as bad as the ramp ones, so I didn't suggest it. I think if it's lowered there won't be a problem. I used one similar way back when and didn't have a problem with it. The saucers are always better though.