Is it safe?

Spurthighbaby

Location (City and/or State)
Rochester
Hi all,
My husband works close to a cement powder plant. There is an abundance of safe food growing there. Would this be OK to feed to my Greek Spur Thigh?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Does the plant your hub work at release any kind of chemical or poisons that could get in or on the plants? If not then they would be safe as long as someone else isn't spraying insecticides.

Spurthighbaby

Rochester
Hi all,
My husband works close to a cement powder plant. There is an abundance of safe food growing there. Would this be OK to feed to my Greek Spur Thigh?
Does the plant your hub work at release any kind of chemical or poisons that could get in or on the plants? If not then they would be safe as long as someone else isn't spraying insecticides.
Thanks for the reply! No, no chemicals just cement powder. The rest is left to grow so no pesticides or insecticides are used.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi all,
None of us now what goes on at a cement powder plant, so there is really no way we can answer this question. It sure would be nice if it was safe, but there is no way for us to know that. Your husband would be better able to answer this because he knows what types of materials are being used and how they are being used.

Is there local wildlife in the area eating the plants? Are there insects, spiders, and bug damage to some of the leaves? Those would be positive signs if present.