Is my friends sulcata pyramyding or just growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Owen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bloomington Indiana
My friend and I both got Baby Sulcatas from a reptile show, about a month ago. I see her and her tortoise Sheldon fairly often, and for the first month we had the they looked very similar. Now though Sheldon (who was the smaller tortoise) has grown to be much bigger than my tortoise Sue, more than half an ounce. I am wondering if it could already be pyramiding because the shell is separating , but its also getting darker like normal growing baby sullys, and sue has very small seperation, and after three months looks the exact same, minus the egg tooth and a bit bigger. Sheldon might be fine, but I'm just concerned at his growth and how the only difference between his caring methods and sues are that sue always has good humidity because I have a humidifier and I spray daily, and Sheldon has none, mainly because his habitat is small fencing. If anybody has ideas or input it would be really appreciated!!

three months ago) and

I posted this from my iPod, so jut ignore the three months ago thing at the bottom sorry

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry Liam. No pics showed up. Try again. I use tinypic.com to post pics. Its really easy.

There shouldn't be any "separation" in either tortoise. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Liam Owen

5 Year Member
Bloomington Indiana
I actually wasn't trying to post pics, my ipod always messes my posts up, and yeah sue looks really good and he isn't separating, but Sheldon is pretty bad, and I think it's the humidity problem.

And I mean its pyramiding I think, but we are both first time owners, so I wasn't sure wat it was, pyramiding or growth.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
The only way we can really tell is if you add some pics of Sheldon. As Tom said, we can't really tell what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.