Is my red foot constipated?

Rufina

Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
Here I am again. After reading things that others have written in the forum I have begun to wonder about Rufina’s bowel movements. When I look at her enclosure I don’t see any sign of anything hap-penning. Even when I soak her I don’t often see anything. I give her a variety of foods to eat: squash, summer lettuces, cucumber, flowers, leaves from those plants, clover, etc. I have tried her on mustard greens & collard greens but she doesn’t usually eat them. Is there something I can do before taking her to the vet?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Try leaving her in the soaking tub longer than usual. After 45 minutes or so you should see results. Scrambling around in the water, trying to get out of the tub, usually gets things moving.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Here I am again. After reading things that others have written in the forum I have begun to wonder about Rufina’s bowel movements. When I look at her enclosure I don’t see any sign of anything hap-penning. Even when I soak her I don’t often see anything. I give her a variety of foods to eat: squash, summer lettuces, cucumber, flowers, leaves from those plants, clover, etc. I have tried her on mustard greens & collard greens but she doesn’t usually eat them. Is there something I can do before taking her to the vet?
It's quite possible too that your tort is eating it before you find it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
When I had hatchlings in my closed chamber, I seldom saw poop unless it was on a feeding tile or in the water.
Even in my outdoor enclosure with 4 sub adults I see very little of it.
It's kind if the same color as the substrate and it immediately gets trampled into oblivion.