is my rt hibernating

R

Raymond23

the habitat is around 70-80 degree and i dont know if the female rt is hibernating she not eating and always hiding

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, this is the time of year for it, but somehow, I rather doubt it. How long has she been living in this enclosure? Are you sure the temp is what you think it is?

My Russian tortoises have come out of hibernation now, so I don't think yours is hibernating. Double check everything to make sure it's all as it should be. You can get that kind of info from the care sheet posted at the top of our Russian section.

It just might be that she's getting used to living there. They sometimes hide for a couple weeks when you first get them.

R

Raymond23

Well, this is the time of year for it, but somehow, I rather doubt it. How long has she been living in this enclosure? Are you sure the temp is what you think it is?

My Russian tortoises have come out of hibernation now, so I don't think yours is hibernating. Double check everything to make sure it's all as it should be. You can get that kind of info from the care sheet posted at the top of our Russian section.

It just might be that she's getting used to living there. They sometimes hide for a couple weeks when you first get them.
ok yea becaquse the degree is maby 70-80 and it 8 foot wide 4 foot acroose and i had to seperate the male from here because he was harressing her

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Do you have a 100 degree basking spot? Your tortoise needs that to properly warm up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She may need to hide for a few days before she understands the male can't get to her anymore. Just keep bringing her out and setting her in front of the food.

R

Raymond23

She may need to hide for a few days before she understands the male can't get to her anymore. Just keep bringing her out and setting her in front of the food.
ok because i split them up aready