Is my tortoise a weirdo?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Sometimes when I take him outside, he'll find a dead leaf on the ground, grab it in his mouth, and walk around. After he's walked around with it for a bit, he spits it back out and continues on his way. Do anyone else's do something similar?

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Have you tried offering him a mulberry branch . . . might supplement his diet too. By the way, be sure to offer all your precious torts sunglasses tomorrow. We can't have blind tortoises wandering our back yards you know.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Have you tried offering him a mulberry branch . . . might supplement his diet too. By the way, be sure to offer all your precious torts sunglasses tomorrow. We can't have blind tortoises wandering our back yards you know.
Yup! Lol too bad I'm gonna be at school while the eclipse is happening :/

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
he is doing this because it is new and he is naturally willing to give it a try, after sucking on it he realized it was not any good after all nutritionally:) torts and turts have excellent sense of smell, brings stuff from outside for him too, sticks, leaves, he will enjoy sniffing them too :)

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
he is doing this because it is new and he is naturally willing to give it a try, after sucking on it he realized it was not any good after all nutritionally:) torts and turts have excellent sense of smell, brings stuff from outside for him too, sticks, leaves, he will enjoy sniffing them too :)
Cool!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Well, I hope you have a good first day! You're very advanced for your grade and I'm impressed with how well you can compose sentenceso_O
Thank you so much! I pride myself in not forming sentences like a little kid lol. It probably helps that I'm in advanced courses!