• 1383783397262.jpg
    1383783397262.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 141

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The glass aquarium is okay. Sorry, but all else needs to be changed. The substrate, get rid of it, too drying. Use coconut coir, cypress mulch or dirt. The water and food dish needs to be bigger and you need to have some high humidity. Please read Toms threads below in my post for all the proper info for raising a healthy smooth sulcata.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Your aquarium has potential. The height of it will allow you to hang your heating elements inside a closed lid creating a closed chamber. The size is small and will work for now but sooner than later you'll need to upgrade.

Sulcata's hatch in the hot and humid African rainy season. For them to grow naturally we need to re create that environment for them in our care. The easiest and most cost effective way to do this is with a closed chamber.

For an immediate change ditch the pellets and give him some dirt.

Then kick up your feet, grab some popcorn and start reading! Read the sulcata care sheets in the sulcata section. Read up on closed chambers. Read The End of Pyramiding thread.

After you brief yourself with the basics, many of us can help you fine tune your husbandry so your Bowser grows up big, healthy and smooth!!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Excellent advice above. It's a process. We want your baby to be happy and healthy and to thrive in your care. : )
You will learn a lot from Tom's threads. A lot of keepers have been there, done that and things have been improved. Yay!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would also suggest more earthen substrate ---also would make the substrate at least 5 to 6 inches deep (hand packed down to give sturdy platform to walk on and develop leg muscles and for burrowing in)....I would also provide some plants to hide in and under...silk plants work well for hiding...I would also provide some private areas along the border of the glass (use some type of paper or that fancy tank liner that is for the back for fake look of plants ---this will offer a place that is not see through)....:D