Is she underweight?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Hi, Hermanns' peeps! I'd been thinking that my 6 year old Hermanns', Elsa, has been feeling a little light to me. In looking around her enclosure more closely, I see that the grass has pretty much taken over and there are far fewer weeds in there. Knowing they are a broad leafed weed-eating species and not so much on grass eating, I began to worry a bit, so I weighed and measured her this morning.

She is 6 3/4 inches/ 17 cm long
She weighs 42 oz/1190 gms

Thoughts?????
Thanks! :p

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Now you just need a sulcata or South African leopard so you have something to feed all that fantastic grass too. :D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Now you just need a sulcata or South African leopard so you have something to feed all that fantastic grass too. :D
:):):)
I'm a little intimidated...okay, a LOT intimidated by the challenges of keeping sulcata a!!!!
I would love to have a South African leopard, but our yard only has room for 1 more tort, and my heart is set on a Burmese star!!!! :):):)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
:):):)
I'm a little intimidated...okay, a LOT intimidated by the challenges of keeping sulcata a!!!!
I would love to have a South African leopard, but our yard only has room for 1 more tort, and my heart is set on a Burmese star!!!! :):):)

Well Burmese stars are nice and they do eat some grass, but they will never eat enough grass to take care of your excess grass problem... :p

SULCATA!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
No, NOOOOOO: I have NO room! No place to put them!!!!!
Halp!!! I'm being pursued by curious sulcatas!!!!! :p