Is sun okay in baby Sulcata setup?

Damien Szkatulski

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio, United States
Can baby sulcatas have sun shining into their indoor setup? Just wondering, because the place I have it in right now has sun shining towards it.Thank you ^_^

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not a good idea. Too hard to control the temps and the sun is not giving any uvb anyway.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Actually...the sun is not a bad idea at all...provided you have a hide that they can retreat to...they know when to get out of the sun! ;)

Damien Szkatulski

Today is my birthday!
Ohio, United States
Actually...the sun is not a bad idea at all...provided you have a hide that they can retreat to...they know when to get out of the sun! ;)

That's what I was originally thinking. It heated up a small spot good and didn't really affect the rest. He has a nice hide. I'll try out with and without

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can baby sulcatas have sun shining into their indoor setup? Just wondering, because the place I have it in right now has sun shining towards it.Thank you ^_^

Its completely fine, and good for them as long as the temperatures stay where they are supposed to stay. The danger is that sun coming in through a window can overheat the whole enclosure, but if you are careful and monitor the temps, it can be a good thing.

Realize that there is no UV benefit at all from sunlight that passes through glass.

Damien Szkatulski

Today is my birthday!
Ohio, United States
Its completely fine, and good for them as long as the temperatures stay where they are supposed to stay. The danger is that sun coming in through a window can overheat the whole enclosure, but if you are careful and monitor the temps, it can be a good thing.

Realize that there is no UV benefit at all from sunlight that passes through glass.

Yes, I have been checking the temperature and humidity constantly, don't really have much more going on than this one little boy.