Is the Shell Broken?

Lulabee247

Location (City and/or State)
Durham
Hey there. That last pix of just the claws…. Not intimately knowledgeable of how long they should naturally be, but, they do look very very long. I would venture to say a few trimmings over time will be good at least on these hind claws. Ive found that nail trimmers used for birds work well - never use pliers/wire cutters (they squish the nail instead of cutting through cleanly).

Sample - https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-bird-nail-clippers

Trimming your pet’s nails can be difficult at first, we recommend having a second person to help restrain your pet and keep them calm. Carefully examine nails to find blood vessels. If your pet has light-colored nails, clip above the blood vessels. If your pet has dark nails, clip only a small amount from nail tip. If bleeding occures, dab the nail and apply styptic powder, flour or cornstartch. After initial trip, clip nails as needed.
Yes Thankyou for that I did actually buy a pair of proper trimmers and I hold the nail up to the light so I can see the nerve ending but have only done this about 4 times in the past 8 month. Maybe should do little and often ?