Help…heat lamp broken!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What are you talking about? Unless you are in the tropics, it certainly DOES get too cold for a sulcatas in the UK.

And UV doesn't warm them up. They need sunshine or an incandescent basking bulb for that.
(and there's quite a difference between a russian and a baby sulcata!)

Reactions: Tom

Nicnic2211

Uk
Hi all, just to say thank you for all your help! New lamp arrived today, day early thanks to wonderful Swell Reptiles ? Esio seems totally unfazed by it all !

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi all, just to say thank you for all your help! New lamp arrived today, day early thanks to wonderful Swell Reptiles ? Esio seems totally unfazed by it all !
If that happens again...you might try this...just a jar/jars filled with hot water and wrapped with a towel...instant warmth...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's not ideal, but you can add a second incadescent flood bulb to get the temps up and keep that all-important 80*F overnight threshold. (Or if you can get the ambient room temp safely up that high?)

Make sure to have a large hide box where you can tuck Baby away from any bright light left on overnight.
I agree.
In a pinch, any incandescent bulb can give a little boost of heat

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I think that the OP is cool now, (no pun intended) cause I don't want to step on the thread if they aren't resolved and the little guy is nice and warmy.

Reading the thread though;
I kinda feel like a little boy watching the naked kings parade.....can't you just drive to get what you need, in like an hour or two??? I really am laughing so please don't take offense.....maybe it's just horrendously funny from here this morning.....

jeff