Is the shell okay?

tortoiselover60

Location (City and/or State)
norwich
Soon to be one years old, is my hermann tortoises shell okay? it has these white dots on? I’m very worried as they have a very clean enclosure and regular soaks, please help as i am worried by the look! This is a hermanns tortoise, thankyou.

Attachments

• IMG_5877.jpeg
    IMG_5877.jpeg
    977.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5882.jpeg
    IMG_5882.jpeg
    950.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5880.jpeg
    IMG_5880.jpeg
    985.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Besides the pyramiding, all is fine. Those squiggly lines are common. We aren't positive what causes them, but they do no harm.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
House him in a closed chamber enclosure and do not use mercury vapor, halogen or coil type bulbs. And get the humidity up to 80%
Post a pic of the enclosure and we can help you in the best way to cover it.
The correct bulbs to use Incase you don't already have them are. Straight Tube fluorescent for uvb or visits outside 3-4 times a week when warm.
Incandescent FLOOD bulb for basking and ceramic heat emitter for any needed added day heat and night heat. Then dampen the substrate in the closed chamber to keep humidity up.
This will not fix the pyramiding already there but will get new growth growing in smooth.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Expanding on wellingtons advice, perhaps you’ll find this thread useful to read through, goes over equipment, a closed chamber, maintaining humidity, care, diet etc🙂