Pellets for sulcata

lovesulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia, Jakarta
It looks ok for supplemental feeding with a very varied diet. Maybe once or twice/ week
One more questions, I bought the Zion Nutrimax pellets (it has alfafa hay,barley grass >18% protein, <26% fiber, <4,2% calcium) And i read on google that alfafa hay is not good for tortoise, Is that true? 😅

but T balance pellets has Alfafa hay , rye grass and timothy hay >15% protein, <20% fibers. Which one is good? The T balance or The zion nutrimax that I bought? U can look for the complete ingredients of T balance And zion nutrixmax On google because I cant write everything about the ingredients. I hope u answer!

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
Are these 3 different pellets? I would go with th
One more questions, I bought the Zion Nutrimax pellets (it has alfafa hay,barley grass >18% protein, <26% fiber, <4,2% calcium) And i read on google that alfafa hay is not good for tortoise, Is that true? 😅

but T balance pellets has Alfafa hay , rye grass and timothy hay >15% protein, <20% fibers. Which one is good? The T balance or The zion nutrimax that I bought? U can look for the complete ingredients of T balance And zion nutrixmax On google because I cant write everything about the ingredients. I hope u answer!

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma

Alfalfa hay is fine in a varied diet maybe twice a week. I havent used any of those pellets but they should be fine as supplemental feeding

lovesulcata

Indonesia, Jakarta
Alfalfa hay is fine in a varied diet maybe twice a week. I havent used any of those pellets but they should be fine as supplemental feeding
Ohh can you tell me the composition of pellets that are good for sulcata😅??, and what are the characteristics of a sulcata affected by bladder stones? And do sulcatas have to excrete urate every day? Because my tortoise releases urates only 1-2x a week. Sometimes within a week it doesn't produce urates at all.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All three would be fine to feed a couple times a week. No one food should be the only diet. An adult sulcata can be fed hay daily, orchard hay is the best one but then add in as much natural foods like cactus, mulberry leaf, cactus pads, hibiscus leaf and flower, rose of Sharon leaf and flower, grass etc on the days you aren't going to feed the pellets.
Feed as wide a variety as possible. If your feeding a young one, you can do soaked hay pellets, and any of the other stuff I listed. The better grocery greens are escarole, arugula, endive, and romaine can be added in for bulk and hydration help.