Male sulcata?

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
Hi all. So theres this thing coming out of the under side of Rover's tail. I wonder if it's a penis or something abnormal? Thx in advance

Attachments

• 20210722_104350.jpg
    20210722_104350.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 27

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It's about 3 years old, but I've heard we wont know their gender until they're 6, so I'm not sure. As for the length... will it hurt or something if I touch it?
Does it hurt when you touch your penis? No, if you don't yank on it. But it shouldn't be out but a short time. Is it out all the time with him?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Does it hurt when you touch your penis? No, if you don't yank on it. But it shouldn't be out but a short time. Is it out all the time with him?
It vanished a few minutes later, so that means I can confirm that Rover is a male? And its normal for the penis to appear every once in a while?

CJ Wilson

Cave City, Arkansas
I'm going through the same thing right now. One day she's a girl & the next day whoa where did that come from?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240817-205738.png
    Screenshot_20240817-205738.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm going through the same thing right now. One day she's a girl & the next day whoa where did that come from?
Just be sure he can put it back in. If he can't, you need to keep it moist by putting him in a warm soak and then make a paste out of sugar and put on it to make the swelling go down so it can hopefully go back in. This is only if he can't get it back in.

CJ Wilson

Cave City, Arkansas
Today was the first day that he showed all this.. I was shocked! I have only seen it during his soaks. And now that he has found his penis he doesn't try to climb out of the bathtub!
So far, he has managed to get it put away while I'm drying him off. He has only shown his junk the last four or five times he has soaked.... But never to this "extent".