Sulcata Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
Hi Everyone;

I have a question for you. I have a 10 year old sulcata that i adoped from a very sweet lady. I have had him now about 3 years and is very active and helathy...I was in his room the other day and out of nowhere he lifted his shell up and out came this long purple thing ( i panicked and looked it up and assume this is his penis) However it does have a claw like thing on the end. He has been doping this more frequenlty about 2 times a week. Where up until recently he has never done this. He is eating fine, Moving fine very active, Nothing abnormal but this. I just want to make sure that this is normal. The purple thing does go back in after he whips it out. Please let me know what you think. Should i take him to a vet?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds normal to me. No vet needed as long as he can retract it back in all the time.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
this is my Baby lol...I have been so worried at first (your gonna laugh) i thought it was his intestines until i pulled it up on line and found out what it was. thank you for your post and your help. Its appreciated.

Jacqui said:
Sounds normal to me. No vet needed as long as he can retract it back in all the time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep, your young man has reached maturity. In time he'll probably stop playing with it so much.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
LOL...I hope so scared the Bejezus out of me lol...His is horrifically well endowed :)

Tom said:
Yep, your young man has reached maturity. In time he'll probably stop playing with it so much.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
The first time I ever saw that, I was a kid. I thought an alien was ripping his way out of our tortoise. It reminds me of that movie "Alien" or "Total Recall". I ran screaming to my mom. She was laughing hysterically!

moswen

5 Year Member
Tom said:

HAHAHA!!!

well, enjoy your next few months sweetness!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Az tortoise compound said:
The first time I ever saw that, I was a kid. I thought an alien was ripping his way out of our tortoise. It reminds me of that movie "Alien" or "Total Recall". I ran screaming to my mom. She was laughing hysterically!

My first time seeing that was my box turtle when I was 7 or 8 years old. We bought him as a male and our vet told us he was a she. So when she "pooped her guts out" I was horrified. We ran to the closest vet who informed us that she was, in fact, a he and that he'd had an erection, but it was all better now. My poor mother heard some questions in the car on the way home from THAT vet visit!

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Yeah my mom who deosnt even own a tortoise was lauging hystarically at me as well. LOL..Thanks for sharing :) at least i know i am not the only person out there who thought this lol

The story is great! I love this site..everyone is so helpful and nice...anywhere else would have thought i was crazy lol

Tom said:

My first time seeing that was my box turtle when I was 7 or 8 years old. We bought him as a male and our vet told us he was a she. So when she "pooped her guts out" I was horrified. We ran to the closest vet who informed us that she was, in fact, a he and that he'd had an erection, but it was all better now. My poor mother heard some questions in the car on the way home from THAT vet visit!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

ROTFLMMFAO! Aladar and Mortimer (now with my cousin) flashed the same day within minutes of each other. The next time I saw this was about 3 hours later and they were flahing each other...I swear, it looked like 2 crabs squaring off...FUNNIEST THING I EVER SAW!

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
'To Funny! At least i know hes normal flashing and all :) Here he is..being modest lol

DeanS said:

ROTFLMMFAO! Aladar and Mortimer (now with my cousin) flashed the same day within minutes of each other. The next time I saw this was about 3 hours later and they were flahing each other...I swear, it looked like 2 crabs squaring off...FUNNIEST THING I EVER SAW!

Attachments

• chewy.JPG
    chewy.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 29

Bry:)

5 Year Member
my herman did this at bath time!
i thought he was pooping a kidney!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
All right! For those of you who want a picture...here's one I shot of Mort early in the summer...

281udlc.jpg

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
is that his fully out? Cause chewys is almost the whole length of his shell?

DeanS said:
All right! For those of you who want a picture...here's one I shot of Mort early in the summer...

281udlc.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
NO! I caught it as it was on its way back in...nice!

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
I love this site...You are hilariouse!!! Thank you so much a feel so much better and now know that im not crazy lol..at least when it comes to chewys thing lol

DeanS said:
NO! I caught it as it was on its way back in...nice!

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
Damn Dean, I am sorry I checked back in on this thread. Great timing though. I have never seen it happen and thought to myself "Where's my camera?" ROFLMAO!!!
Sweetness, I'm glad your mind is at ease. It's quite the experience.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
thank you! yes it is the experience...Im just glad hes normal LOL

Damn Dean, I am sorry I checked back in on this thread. Great timing though. I have never seen it happen and thought to myself "Where's my camera?" ROFLMAO!!!
Sweetness, I'm glad your mind is at ease. It's quite the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.