Is this a good place to buy a Russian tortoise?

Noah101

Location (City and/or State)
Cedar grove nj
Do you guys think this is a good place to buy an adult female Russian if not could you recommend a better place that ships to nj or I can pick up close to nj?

Attachments

• IMG_0149.png
    IMG_0149.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Do you guys think this is a good place to buy an adult female Russian if not could you recommend a better place that ships to nj or I can pick up close to nj?
I don't know this seller, but I already see one problem. They are advertising a "female baby Russian tortoise". There is no way to sex a baby. They can be surgically sexed as babies, but that would cost much more than the selling price of this tortoise. If incubated on the warmer side, in theory, you should get more females, but only sulcatas have been studied in a lab, so sulcatas are the only species where the exact temps to produce all males or all females is known.

I would recommend buying from one of the many breeders on this forum that are up to date on current and correct care info. I personally know and highly recommend the first three here. I don't know dovelett15, but I remembered seeing an ad recently.

@TylerStewart
@biochemnerd808
@HoosierTort
@dovelett15