Is this a good place to buy a Russian tortoise?

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Wild-caught or 'farm raised' (which is a gimmick! they only have to have been held in a 'farm' facility for 4 months to be categorized as such, and there is very little oversight in the sending countries) often have a hard time adjusting to US weather, almost all have parasites (pinworms, giardia, coccidia are the most common) that require treatment, and are often picky about the foods offered, because they are used to grazing in the wild.
I would call these farms more like collection centers. I saw a photo of them here on the forum once. Imagine a huge industrial chicken farm with tons of chickens on the floor. Then switch those chickens to tortoises. No wonder they have parasites.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I would call these farms more like collection centers. I saw a photo of them here on the forum once. Imagine a huge industrial chicken farm with tons of chickens on the floor. Then switch those chickens to tortoises. No wonder they have parasites.
yea its a scam. Just like "puppy brokers" are now just fronts for puppy mills b/c they either can't be sold in pet store or people are aware that pet stores are puppy mills.