is this bedding OK?

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland tx
I'm trying to find find a good substrate to order and didn't realize that there was so many years to choose from. our local Walmart only has aspen bedding and cedar bedding, I know the Cedar isn't good but how about the Aspen?

I also found this on amazon would it be better to get ? or should
top soil ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170823-194229.png
    Screenshot_20170823-194229.png
    739 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20170823-184552.png
    Screenshot_20170823-184552.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 25

Ed mitch

I'm trying to find find a good substrate to order and didn't realize that there was so many years to choose from. our local Walmart only has aspen bedding and cedar bedding, I know the Cedar isn't good but how about the Aspen?

top soil ?
The eco earth substrate would be the best. What tortoise do you have? :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

top soil ?
The bulb is no good because it is a spot and it will desiccate your tortoises carapace and contribute to pyramiding. Go to the hardware store and get a regular round or "flood" bulb of the wattage you need. I usually use 65 watt flood bulbs, but some applications require a 35 watt or a 100 watt bulb.

The coco coir depicted is okay, but I find it too messy for baby sulcatas. Fine grade orchid bark works best. You can find that at a local nursery or garden center. Large hardware stores probably won't have it. I use this:
Orchid Bark.JPG
$10 for this giant bag.