Is this Cruel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
manteca, Ca
if you were trying to maintain these torts as natural as possible they wouldnt be together, and i know most keepers try to reduce any potential harm in out side or inside enclosures

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If we kept them as natural as possible,, then i guess we would need to have a drought, not feed them, make food sparse most of the time and make them walk miles to find it, give them predators to hide from etc etc.. We do most likely over feed, maybe thats why sulcatas grow so fast.. in the wild, thier food source is not all that great.. and look at DT's desert...Most animal live longer in captivity due to better care and food. We can and should simulate some things and make others better.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
we should simmulate things, but keeping two tortoises that wouldnt cross paths in the wild is not one of them if they dont get along

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
it looks like the sulcata was trying to mate with the DT. his mouth was open when he was on top of the DT, and i've seen that in every mating picture i've looked at. regardless, this is ridiculous. who ever recorded this needs to have 5 sumo wrestlers pile on top of him for a few minutes. i don't know how the video ended, i stopped it after a minute or so. you can call it cruel.

Marla

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RainbowValley, AZ.
Well I for one could not finish watching this..Yes this is cruel for many reasons..Some people may think it funny but that is just horrible..

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i flagged the video "violent - animal abuse"

Oogie

5 Year Member
gee...i just think that sulcata was finally getting the DT back for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHJSQ2vpAg

it was the day the same DT was introduced to the same sulcata...it's actually funny.

but...

i agree...there is a potential for serious injury and i would never want to chance it.

Status
Not open for further replies.