Is this enough soaking ?

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
Hello,
I was soaking my three month old for 15 minutes a couple times a week when I first got him. Since then I have developed a morning ritual, when he comes out of his hide I put him in his water dish with fresh warm water ( about 95 degrees ) I leave him in there while doing my other chores and getting his food ready. Most mornings he will stay in the water for at least ten minutes. Since this has been happening I'm not so sure he needs the other soakings? What do you think?
Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello,
I was soaking my three month old for 15 minutes a couple times a week when I first got him. Since then I have developed a morning ritual, when he comes out of his hide I put him in his water dish with fresh warm water ( about 95 degrees ) I leave him in there while doing my other chores and getting his food ready. Most mornings he will stay in the water for at least ten minutes. Since this has been happening I'm not so sure he needs the other soakings? What do you think?
Thanks!

Putting your tortoise in its water dish and allowing it to walk out when it feels like it is not soaking.

If your tortoise decides to stay in long enough, and if it drinks enough on its own, then you won't have a problem. If not, well…

Why not just do a proper soak daily for 30-40 minutes and make sure your tiny baby stays hydrated and doesn't have a problem.

N

no one

I was told at least 20 minutes of real soaking. But my Sterretje loves it so, we do a 30 minutes soak nowadays. Sometimes he just closes his eyess for a bit while soaking. Little legs straight out. So cute!!

N

no one

Oh, and still he gets in his waterdish a lot. But Indian Star Tortoises do love water.