Is this normal peeling?

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Awwww, he's a good looking tort! How old is he? Maybe the sides are too low on the bowl I use. I think that could be causing the problem because she can just barely see over the top. I'll keep an eye out for a tub like yours. And does your tort actually like getting water poured on his head?? My tort must be so moody, she hates water on her head!! She'd rather chill in the sun. ;)
It is a dish tub , got it at walmart by the kitchen stuff for about 2 bucks ! He really does love having the water poured over his head ! :cool:

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Ah, ha! A dish tub! I'm on the look out. Thanks so much for all of your help! :)

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland

LauraAustin

I'm in Florida too and my two Russians hate there soaks too. But there skin gets very dry. I use a big mixing blow and make sure it's warm enough and I put half of it in the sun and half of the shad and they still don't seem to like it are you having any better luck on getting yours to like it more?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Some advice I found from @JoesMum on the forum was to soak my tortoise early in the day, before she's moving around much.

A total game changer. She still doesn't care for long soaks but she tolerates ten--fifteen minutes. Maybe this is an option for you?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
That's a great idea! I'll give it a try today. And LauraAustin, she still hates the bath so far. ;) I'm going to try soaking her early today and see how that works. She freaks out so bad she keeps trying to drown herself!! *Sigh*. :)