Is this normal?

Babysmallz93

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Does her belly look normal? Where her yolk sac had absorbed is now white. I have not noticed this before. ( I am holding her upright not on her back)1000012347.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes it is. Thank you!🙂 It is really soft. Is that alright?
It is not fully closed. This baby should still be in a brooder box set up. The breeder did this all wrong and has now sold this baby too soon. Not trying to upset you, but you need to know what is going on.

These two threads will explain it further. Species doesn't matter in regards to this.

Watch the progression of the umbilical scar in this thread:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is not fully closed. This baby should still be in a brooder box set up. The breeder did this all wrong and has now sold this baby too soon. Not trying to upset you, but you need to know what is going on.

These two threads will explain it further. Species doesn't matter in regards to this.

What are you seeing that it's not fully closed when the OP says it is?
On others seen on here that has not been closed it usually looks red and raw yet.

Babysmallz93

North Carolina

Thank you for the info. I am reading through it. I have had her for 2 months already.