ISO third tort

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I totally have m

unfortunately, I don’t know their genders yet… That’s why I will have them all separated until I can figure that out!
No, I believe what Tom was saying is any group can live together, whether all male, all female, or a mix in this species which is better not as a pair. And that more space for the group would be better.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I also would not do a leopard. I don't know about what Tom spoke of about leopards in your state, but even the smaller ones need more than a 8x8.
Having a group of your Stars, I think you would really enjoy much more, then having a bunch of different species, that can not live in as small of space and can not be housed together as easily as Tom says the Stars can.
Get a third and in about a year you can connect all those outside enclosure and make one bigger enclosure and have 3 beauties running lol around.

thetortoiselady

ALABAMA
No, I believe what Tom was saying is any group can live together, whether all male, all female, or a mix in this species which is better not as a pair. And that more space for the group would be better.

I also would not do a leopard. I don't know about what Tom spoke of about leopards in your state, but even the smaller ones need more than a 8x8.
Having a group of your Stars, I think you would really enjoy much more, then having a bunch of different species, that can not live in as small of space and can not be housed together as easily as Tom says the Stars can.
Get a third and in about a year you can connect all those outside enclosure and make one bigger enclosure and have 3 beauties running lol around.
Thank you!!! All Burmese? I was thinking Indian but heard they are timid and a less hardy!if I could just get my hands on a high yellow Burmese I’d love it!! I wish I could have my sick baby back ):

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you!!! All Burmese? I was thinking Indian but heard they are timid and a less hardy!if I could just get my hands on a high yellow Burmese I’d love it!! I wish I could have my sick baby back ):
If you have Burmese now then yes only Burmese as far as them living together.
You can start a second group of three Indian Stars, buy them all at once, then they could live together from the start. But not with the Burmese.

Vancouver bc
Not to be nosy lol but I thought you sent your sick baby back but then went and got him back? Did you have a sick 3rd one as well?