It Should Never Get This Bad

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This was by far, the worst rescue we’ve ever gotten. I know it was hard to watch, filming it was worse, but the message needs to get out and I’m sure everyone here would agree. The veterinarian in this video is a personal friend of mine and he gives it to me straight. Even off camera he strongly felt we should give her a shot. Overall, it’s just a sickening situation and in all these years of trying to properly educate, these things still occur. Being a rescue is of course rewarding but it is also absolutely devastating. As for the people who did this, I can’t say much beyond what I already stated.
Please try to keep us posted on her condition and any improvements. Good luck tuff road ahead for her.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Definitely will update across all platforms, and here. We had her outside today. It was pretty amazing. She lifted her entire body and cruised around pretty well. She even sniffed some natural edibles but doesn’t seem to recognize them as food just yet. It was the first time in her life that she experienced the sun.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Definitely will update across all platforms, and here. We had her outside today. It was pretty amazing. She lifted her entire body and cruised around pretty well. She even sniffed some natural edibles but doesn’t seem to recognize them as food just yet. It was the first time in her life that she experienced the sun.
Awesome, looking forward to it.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
So what's the prognosis? Think she stands a chance? I'm not gonna lie here, but that video absolutely sickened me ( no offense to you or the vet!)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Even though this looks and is really bad I'm glad they're going to try and help the poor tortoise. S/he obviously has a zest for life and wants to live. Maybe they can help some with that.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
I've been crying seeing the video and reading all of this. I went and layed down by my sulcatas enclosure.
Such a sweet baby girl, thank you for all y'all do. The abuse that she endured is horrifying. I really hope that she can come out of this. I'm so happy she got some outside time!

She's a fighter. 🥰

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I can guarantee Bubbles falls in Love with Chris. A tort doesn't go through that much suffering and not recognize comfort ...Happiness. I picture Bubbles in the future looking out from her pen at the world when ... There he is Chris coming towards her and the feelings it brings up in Bubbles. I bet that SOON the mere sight of Chris makes Bubbles have "Feelings" of comfort.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I can guarantee Bubbles falls in Love with Chris. A tort doesn't go through that much suffering and not recognize comfort ...Happiness. I picture Bubbles in the future looking out from her pen at the world when ... There he is Chris coming towards her and the feelings it brings up in Bubbles. I bet that SOON the mere sight of Chris makes Bubbles have "Feelings" of comfort.
Might make his box turtle jealous. lol

I love those videos.