Its a rainstorm here in AZ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

conservation

10 Year Member!
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Ha ha its a lot of rain but we really need this. I am glad I got to them in time too. :)

I just got inside from saving them once again lol. It was coming down pretty lightly for a good half hour so I thought they'd be fine but then it just came down like a hurricane all of a sudden. Picture a 21 year old college MAN :) running around in his backyard with only his boxer briefs on saving his torts from drowning without smiling. Exactly you cant lol, I'm just glad it didnt get video taped. :D

Haha, there is now a "heavy mist" or what we in Socal call rain, falling here as well. I cannot sleep tonight!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Pets101 said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Ha ha its a lot of rain but we really need this. I am glad I got to them in time too. :)

I just got inside from saving them once again lol. It was coming down pretty lightly for a good half hour so I thought they'd be fine but then it just came down like a hurricane all of a sudden. Picture a 21 year old college MAN :) running around in his backyard with only his boxer briefs on saving his torts from drowning without smiling. Exactly you cant lol, I'm just glad it didnt get video taped. :D

Haha, there is now a "heavy mist" or what we in Socal call rain, falling here as well. I cannot sleep tonight!
Ha ha nice, I love it when it rains. I just got done telling the torts that they need to learn how to breathe under water because I'm not saving them for a third night in a row. ;)

conservation

10 Year Member!
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Ha ha nice, I love it when it rains. I just got done telling the torts that they need to learn how to breathe under water because I'm not saving them for a third night in a row. ;)

Make sure and save my 6, I already picked out names :)

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Pets101 said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:

Make sure and save my 6, I already picked out names :)

Ha ha dont get ahead of yourself now. :D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
These monsoons definitely encourage reproductive behavior.

The Indian Stars have been mating almost non-stop this summer, and I'm getting another batch of leopard eggs as we speak!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Wahooooo!!!!! Lovin the rain. We got it again last night, even more...

Neal said:

The Indian Stars have been mating almost non-stop this summer, and I'm getting another batch of leopard eggs as we speak!

oooooh...will they lay in the rain?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Neal said:

Yeah it is! My biggest female has laid over 40 eggs in July (3 clutches dont know exactly how many because I left the last clutch in the ground but its well over 10 when I peaked in before she was done covering it) and she's been mounting the other leopards like crazy the past couple days so im hoping more are on the way. The males were on the prowl all last night and today looking for the girls. :D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
DesertGrandma said:

Probably not during a down poor. The female that's digging now just started this morning and we haven't gotten any rain in the east valley today.

Last year, I remember one clutch was laid during the fall while it was sprinkling outside and around 60 degrees.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Neal said:
DesertGrandma said:

Probably not during a down poor. The female that's digging now just started this morning and we haven't gotten any rain in the east valley today.

Last year, I remember one clutch was laid during the fall while it was sprinkling outside and around 60 degrees.

Would sure save her a lot of effort wetting the dirt

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
DesertGrandma said:
Wahooooo!!!!! Lovin the rain. We got it again last night, even more...

Neal said:

Mine havent laid in the rain but its the monsoon type of environment is what gets their reproductive juices flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.