JUMBO FEMALE CHERRYHEAD-COMPARISON

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here is a nice example of just how BIG Queen Elizbeth' really is....with a trio of females and a little enticement..;)
The smaller adult female in the picture is 9" SCL ....
A wonderful gal....no doubt ~
AX5_zps6f10c876.jpg
AX4_zpsf20d34ad.jpg
AX7_zps631f4d27.jpg
AX3_zps6fa2c2f3.jpg

JD:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice. I never knew they got so big. Is she average or usually big?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:

I have a male that matches her ... in size if not bigger , and by far the two largest CherryHeads ... I've seen or owned. I would say for the both of them unusually large for Cherryheads and debunking the myth ..or should I say the much to used clause.... "a dwarf species of Redfoots"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
N2TORTS said:
wellington said:

I have a male that matches her ... in size if not bigger , and by far the two largest CherryHeads ... I've seen or owned. I would say for the both of them unusually large for Cherryheads and debunking the myth ..or should I say the much to used clause.... "a dwarf species of Redfoots"

Yes, now that you say that, I do remember the pics of a large male you have. Have you ever seen the two of them mate and if you have, has the eggs or hatchlings ever been unusually large?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
N2TORTS said:
wellington said:

Yes, now that you say that, I do remember the pics of a large male you have. Have you ever seen the two of them mate and if you have, has the eggs or hatchlings ever been unusually large?

She is my best breeder and kicks out 50+ eggs a year. Her babies are outstanding and when mating with Oscar ...great coloring. Her babies are BIG and few weeks back she was the one who dumped a rather huge egg ( there is an old thread somewhere),,,,,, we shall see ~;)
crh3_zpsf48fb4fe.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh yes, I remember that egg. Guess it was good that she layer it. If one of the smaller ones would have, well, OUCH:D Can't wait to see what comes of that egg. Be sure to keep us posted.:)

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Wow!!! She is a big girl!
BIG AND BEAUTIFUL :) :)
I saw that large egg too!! I
cant wait to see that baby!! :)
So exciting!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Pio is 10 1/2 in. and I'm praying she's full grown at 5 years old. That little lady is large!, but her babies are beautiful.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, I wonder if that giant egg you have will turn out to be like Queen Elizabeth....

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Nice JD. Ive seen some 60 pounders before way back when. Northern Paraguay and southern Brazil types get quite large. These are some nice ones. Queen liz?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Brazilin'......and yes Kelly, I guess when compared to some other species of Redfoots they could be considered " dwarfs" ...in "terms" ~

Hustler

5 Year Member
Alberta Canada Eh
That is the biggest cherry female I have seen yet. All the time i hear "but they are dwarfs so I wont need a big enclosure" Wish i had a lunker to pull out right then and there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.