just a couple of things iv made and am working on

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
90795529_1386400331551837_2402042700321783808_n.jpg90869045_880297965764453_8255097124832673792_n.jpgok 90988790_210968780224151_8839113338790084608_n.jpg91404744_143353260411172_587178800240918528_n.jpgSDC16042letter openers.JPG91022904_238343387557651_4511583546371997696_n.jpg90916049_620967575350084_3793872147315687424_n.jpg. Ok guys someone asked if id post some pictures of some of the things iv made. so far i havent found the jumpdrive that i have finished projects on but i did find these. My youngest daughter and her husband play D&D and my daughter is the Dungon Master, so she asked me if id make her a D&D screen. I made 3 different panels and did relief carving on them and then framed each panel. to make the screen I used 2 hinges to attatch and attatched the 3 together.The other pictures are some letter openers im making as you can see im not good at putting pictures up, hopefuly i'll get better

Attachments

• 91404744_143353260411172_587178800240918528_n.jpg
    91404744_143353260411172_587178800240918528_n.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
  • SDC16042letter openers.JPG
    SDC16042letter openers.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 3

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Those are AMAZING !!! i couldn't visualise what you were describing before - now it makes sense to me - and I am so impressed by your skill and patience - you are so clever. Thank you so much for showing us them.
Angie x

Dragon

michagin
lol well the d and d screen i made for my daughter for christmas... I still have to finish the letter openers. I still have to sand down the blades of the 2 dragon letter openers and then i'll do a bit of carving on the handles. Im carving a folk art chicken right now...nothing fancy. Im still looking for my bull dog tooth pick holder, that was an in the round peace. I do a lot of different crafts, but I had a LOT of time to learn them. I was housebound for 18 years...lol and really had to find things to do with my time after cleaning house and inbetween taking care of 3 kids and various animals lol i finally found my button box and have sissys st pattys day cover competely done.... i'll try to take a pic tomarrow or the next day. spike thinks he might finish her new home tomarrow. he just has to cabbage the handles and the plextiglass from the other one. sissys spent most of the day today and yesterday outside of her hidy cave so thats good i really think shes going to like her bigger house

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 341438View attachment 341439ok View attachment 341440View attachment 341441View attachment 341446View attachment 341442View attachment 341443. Ok guys someone asked if id post some pictures of some of the things iv made. so far i havent found the jumpdrive that i have finished projects on but i did find these. My youngest daughter and her husband play D&D and my daughter is the Dungon Master, so she asked me if id make her a D&D screen. I made 3 different panels and did relief carving on them and then framed each panel. to make the screen I used 2 hinges to attatch and attatched the 3 together.The other pictures are some letter openers im making as you can see im not good at putting pictures up, hopefuly i'll get better
It was good enough pictures to see it. Nice 🤗

Dragon

michagin
Thanks... we finished sissys house today and she really really likes it!! shes still walking around and expolering it. and she likes being right next to my chair lol shes spent a lot of time just sitting at the windo looking at me lol....I replaced her water bowl with a small tea saucer until i can get the terracotta flower pot dish. I also put 3 good sized rocks in her new house as well as her hidy cave and food dish lol. we also put the last bag of bedding in with what we already had in there. shes spent most of the day now outside of her cave and walkig around.... I didnt get a picture yet but i'll try to get some tomarrow...right now spike and i are just sitting in our chairs relaxing and resting lol sissys new house is not only bigger its much heaver!! lol and was a bugger to get in the house!! we had to take the screen door off . I did try her st pattys day cover on her but the belt is to long...lol she walked right out of it lol so i'll have to rip out some stitches and make it bit smaller.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thanks... we finished sissys house today and she really really likes it!! shes still walking around and expolering it. and she likes being right next to my chair lol shes spent a lot of time just sitting at the windo looking at me lol....I replaced her water bowl with a small tea saucer until i can get the terracotta flower pot dish. I also put 3 good sized rocks in her new house as well as her hidy cave and food dish lol. we also put the last bag of bedding in with what we already had in there. shes spent most of the day now outside of her cave and walkig around.... I didnt get a picture yet but i'll try to get some tomarrow...right now spike and i are just sitting in our chairs relaxing and resting lol sissys new house is not only bigger its much heaver!! lol and was a bugger to get in the house!! we had to take the screen door off . I did try her st pattys day cover on her but the belt is to long...lol she walked right out of it lol so i'll have to rip out some stitches and make it bit smaller.
Sissy will be really happy to have more space, I am sure.
I dream quite often that I discover another room in our (rather small ) house, and am quite delighted - until I wake up, of course ! So I imagine that's how she will feel- and of course hers is real !!
Angie

Dragon

michagin
yes she is totally delighted with her new house, shes been out and about in it all day lol shes even pushed a couple of the rocks around lol and her food and water dish lol i took the one we got at the pet store out and put a teacup saucer in instead.... only problem is i have to refill it a couple of times a day lol she looked cute in her shell cover too.... I tried to get a picture of it, but the belt is to long so she just sort of walked out of it lol i'll post pictures when i get them loged on to the computer

zolasmum

5 Year Member
yes she is totally delighted with her new house, shes been out and about in it all day lol shes even pushed a couple of the rocks around lol and her food and water dish lol i took the one we got at the pet store out and put a teacup saucer in instead.... only problem is i have to refill it a couple of times a day lol she looked cute in her shell cover too.... I tried to get a picture of it, but the belt is to long so she just sort of walked out of it lol i'll post pictures when i get them loged on to the computer
It is St Patricks day today, and I'm really hoping to see Sissy's leprechaun shell cover !!
Angie

Dragon

michagin
ok im a little late....I'll get the picture and load it up lol
ok got little sissy out of her cave and fitted the st pattys day hat on her got the correct length for the belt fixed that and wa la!! sissy in her st pattys day hat... you see more of it if you can inlarge the pic if not i'l have spike get a good picture of it....so i can hold her a little better while we take the pictures...this is the send day she has spent in her hidy cave and not eaten....but i will be getting her out to soak here pretty soon so she gets some excersie..... well there now its bigger so you can see it better...hummher left foot seems to hav a slight wound on it howthe heak could she do that just laying in her hidy cave?SDC16346.JPG

zolasmum

5 Year Member
ok got little sissy out of her cave and fitted the st pattys day hat on her got the correct length for the belt fixed that and wa la!! sissy in her st pattys day hat... you see more of it if you can inlarge the pic if not i'l have spike get a good picture of it....so i can hold her a little better while we take the pictures...this is the send day she has spent in her hidy cave and not eaten....but i will be getting her out to soak here pretty soon so she gets some excersie..... well there now its bigger so you can see it better...hummher left foot seems to hav a slight wound on it howthe heak could she do that just laying in her hidy cave?View attachment 341955
She looks so cute - I would like a side view too, though, please !
Could a scale on her leg have caught on something, and pulled off?
Anyway, the hat looks brilliant, and looks very pretty against her brown shell.
Angie x

Dragon

michagin
Angie x
lol i'll try to get a side picture for you tomarrow lol spikes done doing things for today....we pretty much just watch tv and maybe play computer games or i work on crochet starting at 6 until bedtime. lol I was thinking about that too...her scale getting caught on something and being pulled off...shes spent all day today in her cave...and I know it wasnt like that yesterday when I soaked her. Im very careful when taking her out or putting her in her house....but all I can think is that maybe when i lifted her out of her house her leg might have bumped or scraped on the wood of the door. i'll have to be even more careful from now on....because like i said i cant think of any other way she could have been injured... hopefuly tomarrow she start comming out of her cave and walk around a bit and eat...I dont know how often or how long they can stay in there caves with out comming back out... im trying to think of what other kind of shell cover or hat i can make for her next lol

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
View attachment 341438View attachment 341439ok View attachment 341440View attachment 341441View attachment 341446View attachment 341442View attachment 341443. Ok guys someone asked if id post some pictures of some of the things iv made. so far i havent found the jumpdrive that i have finished projects on but i did find these. My youngest daughter and her husband play D&D and my daughter is the Dungon Master, so she asked me if id make her a D&D screen. I made 3 different panels and did relief carving on them and then framed each panel. to make the screen I used 2 hinges to attatch and attatched the 3 together.The other pictures are some letter openers im making as you can see im not good at putting pictures up, hopefuly i'll get better

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Do you sell any? My neighbor plays with his friends all night...they have a ball...I thought a neighborly gift would be nice...

Dragon

michagin
oh i just saw this post! or i would have answered it sooner! I used to sell things on ebay...never made any money with it but it did get a few things out of the house lol I have boxes and boxes of finished crafts of all kinds.....Let me see if i can find the pictures of the one i made for my daughter for you to look at.... I cant draw so i have to trace pictures from my pattern books or coloring books and the like If you like my daughters we can see if we can find some pictures your neighbor might like and see what we can come up with and how much you want to spend. now that i have the proper tools to use it shouldnt take quite as long to make...I just stain them usuly but i could try painting them if you want....now let me go see if i can find the pics

Dragon

michagin
Ok here are the pictures of the D and D screen I made for my youngest for christmas. I didnt have the carving tools then, I just had the dremal and its regular bits. Im not sure just where i got the pictures to trace lol the dragon came from one of my scroll saw mags I have no idea where i got the others lol If this is what you were thinking of we could see what we can do about finding some pictures....or if you can draw you could draw the pictures for me to use
oo91404744_143353260411172_587178800240918528_ndad screen 1.jpgdand d screen3.jpgdand d screen4.jpgdand d screen5a.jpgdand d screen6.jpg

Attachments

• d and d screen2.jpg
    d and d screen2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1

Dragon

michagin
Angie x
ok give me a little time to talk spike into taking the pics lol He dosnt understand why im being so mean to sissy by putting cloths on her lol but im sure he'll get used to it after all hes gotten used to the dogs adn cat wearing cloths lol