another update on sissy.

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
Well sissy seems to be a somewhat lazy little tort...she spends most of her time in her little hidy cave...I do here her moving around in there every now and then at least. Being the mean mom that I am this is just unacceptl, sooo in order to get her moving I am going to be taking her out of her house at least twice a day....( thats the plan anyway but i am well awair of how life can get in the way of the best layed plans of mice and men lol) So I got her out to soak this morning for about an hour and when i put her back in her house i put her as far away from her cave as i could lol, and then since its nice out and the grass is green I went out and picked some grass for her food dish, so far things look incourgeing .sissy is still out and she seems to really like the grass. lol shes sitting in her water dish just a eating away. Which is good because she hasnt eaten much the last two days..... she is really going at it lol I have a cuttle bone in there with her now to which she is ignoring lol but thats ok its there if she wants it. I havent seen her this wide awake and active since we got her....humm wounder if i could grow some grass in a flower pot for winter lol ahh there she gos back into her hidy cave....oh well if thats her favorit place its ok....but we will be getting her out this afternoon to sit on my lap...lol perhaps with more interaction she will start staying out of her cave a little more often. i plan on getting her a little ball with holes in it to put some of her food in so she has to work at it a bit but other then that I dont know what one could do to incourge her to get out and moveing around more. iv got some good sized rocks in there to which she also ignores lol iv got a idea for a new shell cover to make for her too....I found a free 3d printer gnom file and iv printed several of these, what im going to do is get some brown yarn and make a plan shell cover and then im going to make like a seat on it i think or maybe i'll just leave it flat not sure yet...but what im going to do is put some velcro on the bottom of the knom and the other peice on the tort cover so she will be giving the little knob a ride lol and now id best get to that sink full of dishes lol for some reason the good fairy never comes to my house and does them for me lol

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Well sissy seems to be a somewhat lazy little tort...she spends most of her time in her little hidy cave...I do here her moving around in there every now and then at least. Being the mean mom that I am this is just unacceptl, sooo in order to get her moving I am going to be taking her out of her house at least twice a day....( thats the plan anyway but i am well awair of how life can get in the way of the best layed plans of mice and men lol) So I got her out to soak this morning for about an hour and when i put her back in her house i put her as far away from her cave as i could lol, and then since its nice out and the grass is green I went out and picked some grass for her food dish, so far things look incourgeing .sissy is still out and she seems to really like the grass. lol shes sitting in her water dish just a eating away. Which is good because she hasnt eaten much the last two days..... she is really going at it lol I have a cuttle bone in there with her now to which she is ignoring lol but thats ok its there if she wants it. I havent seen her this wide awake and active since we got her....humm wounder if i could grow some grass in a flower pot for winter lol ahh there she gos back into her hidy cave....oh well if thats her favorit place its ok....but we will be getting her out this afternoon to sit on my lap...lol perhaps with more interaction she will start staying out of her cave a little more often. i plan on getting her a little ball with holes in it to put some of her food in so she has to work at it a bit but other then that I dont know what one could do to incourge her to get out and moveing around more. iv got some good sized rocks in there to which she also ignores lol iv got a idea for a new shell cover to make for her too....I found a free 3d printer gnom file and iv printed several of these, what im going to do is get some brown yarn and make a plan shell cover and then im going to make like a seat on it i think or maybe i'll just leave it flat not sure yet...but what im going to do is put some velcro on the bottom of the knom and the other peice on the tort cover so she will be giving the little knob a ride lol and now id best get to that sink full of dishes lol for some reason the good fairy never comes to my house and does them for me lol
I like your idea for Sissy's next shell cover. I thought you might like to see Zola at Christmas a few years ago, carrying the Christmas fairy. Her name is The Susan, and my grandma gave her to me when I was a little girl - I have made several dresses for her over the years - she is one of my most treasured possessions.
I think I just used a bit of sticky tape to hold her on - luckily Zola put up with it well.
Angie x
_susan2withhat.jpeg

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
oh how beautiful!!! For years I had a small angle tree topper, which my youngest daughter just loved!! And of course for years after she moved out shes tell me how much she wanted that little angle....After spike came we saw a slighter larger angle which he really liked and since the majority of my christmas decorations are from projects the kids did in school or we made together I felt it was only right he should have the angle he liked on the top of the tree....So I wraped up the old one and then on thanksgiving day when all the kids where home I gave it to her.....you would have thought id given her a million dollars or something lol I think she keeps it out all year long. lol I also had a decortive doll lamp i picked up at a grage sale one time when the kids were little that of course she wanted lol a few years after she moved away i gave it to her for christmas lol she still has it, when we vido chat on portal i can see it in her study/craft / everything else room lol sitting on the her desk which of course she cant use because she has so much stuff on it. lol like mother like daughter i guess lol She collects dolls to some degree....and for some reason most of her collection are living dead dollas! Id never heard of such a thing until she started collecting them.... I think i'll make sissys saddle cover first and then make another st paddys day cover and a second saddle knomb cover for the stock boxs....Its nice here today so i took the dogs for a nice long walk,,,for us thats 2 blocks with mom stopping and sitting down every little bit lol I was quite pleased with bonnie....it only took her a few minutes to remember her mannors and the rules for taking a walk lol Sheba walked a good distance for her age and then got to get in her bag attatched to the walker to ride the rest of the way lol now shes sleeping next to me in my living room chair.....I think next time I'll put her in the bag sooner...poor girl is worn out...im still trying to think of a way I can take sissy with us. If i didnt have to sit down I could just put her in the mesh bag under the seat.....but i dont think shed like it when i have to put the seat part back down so i can sit lol.... im also starting to try to think of how to make some kind of outside inclouser for her that wont cost to much....I'll have to see if we still have the kiddy pool i had gotten for the dogs a few years ago...I think that would work but id also like her to be able to graze on grass when shes outside.....but of course theres no rush....the weather is going to drop 20 degrees tomarrow and its suppose to stay cold and rainy for at least the next couple of days....spike has decided that sissy must be agoraphobic too since she spends most of her time in her hidy cave lol somehow i dont think she could have picked that up from me in just the short time weve had her lol hopefuly as i countue to take her out more and more often she will spend a little more time out of her hiddy and if not well thats ok to....as long as i know shes healthy and happy she can do what she wants lol well this is long and not all on topic so guess id best get to some house work now that iv rested from the walk lol