just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason g.

5 Year Member
just curious but my sulcata bobs his head alot .usually when hes soaking and wants out or of hes in his inclosure āŋd wāŋţş out.im sure its nothing does your sulcatas do this.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
My sulcata does bob his head. I would not say that he does it often, but I notice it the most when he is soaking.

Katherine

5 Year Member
He is breathing : ) Tortoises do not operate their lungs with negative pressure like humans, and often when you see them bobbing their head or pumping their rear legs they are just facilitating gas exchange.

jason g.

5 Year Member
katherine said:
He is breathing : ) Tortoises do not operate their lungs with negative pressure like humans, and often when you see them bobbing their head or pumping their rear legs they are just facilitating gas exchange.

Very interesting. I assumed it was normal. I just was wondering why. I would of never guessed that;). Lol thanks for the info guys.
Another question I've got is can they over eat roses. I have a rose bush out back and he pretty much ate every rose and rose bud he could reach. I'm OK with him eating them all. I just don't want him to over indulge himself.:) he also had the choice between clovers,dandelions,and lots of grass. She only ate red roses! Didn't touch the white ones. Lol CLASSY TORTOISE!!!;)

jason g.

5 Year Member
OK I'm a sucker I gave him 2 more roses. He just likes them so much. I hope about 8 roses and 2 or 3 buds are OK. Not exactly sure cause I was reading so I wasn't watching the whole time.
2012-05-08_21-02-21_295.jpg

2012-05-08_21-02-28_136.jpg

2012-05-08_21-10-21_222.jpg

Just so everyone know I rarely feed him on the carpet. When I do I watch him like a hawk so he don't eat carpet. I have had to get a fuzzy from him 1 time.

NaturalK84

5 Year Member
When/if i feed koopa outside of the enclosure i put a microfiber towel down. They don't shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.