Just double checking

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hey! I'm pretty sure this is edible but being the paranoid tortoise mum that I am, I just wanted to check :)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1474353300.637815.jpg

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Love that stuff! I have it growing everywhere here. I'm sad that it is all dying off for the season. I'm wishing I had put some in planters for the winter.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I was over at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago and they had a massive patch in their driveway. I think they thought I was weird that I was excited to find a weed growing in their driveway. They offered me to take as much as I want, but I want no part of a plant growing in a driveway with car chemicals dripping all over it all the time.

It was a massive patch though. We are talking probably 8'x8' of almost nothing but broadleaf plantain.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Out of curiousity, where are you located Pearly?

I had so much Plantain in my yard this year that I think 15-20% of everything my baby ate was plantain.

I haven't tried growing it indoors yet. Plan on attempting that soon. I really should of transplanted some of the stuff outside to pots before it disappeared from my yard. Between it dying off at the end of summer, and the rescues gobbling it all up I don't think I have almost any left in my yard now. This is the first week in four or five months that Mr T won't have any to eat. I think it is one of his favorites.