Just registered but been reading forum for years

Digr

Location (City and/or State)
Paulden AZ
info needed: do I need to respond to 100 posts before I can post for rehoming a 5 year old Sulcata?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not if you are giving him away for free. To sell, yrs there are rules that must be met to sell.

Digr

Paulden AZ
Thank you for your response.
I will only surrender her to a tortoise loving family with Sulcata experience for no fee. Preferably residing in a warm climate state like central or southern Arizona.

Not if you are giving him away for free. To sell, yrs there are rules that must be met to sell.I

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When you list her, be careful of new members that have just joined usually the day you post or very shortly after. They usually only join looking for free tortoises so they can sell them.
Be sure to ask lots of questions and for pictures of what they have for enclosure to take care of her.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
When you list her, be careful of new members that have just joined usually the day you post or very shortly after. They usually only join looking for free tortoises so they can sell them.
Be sure to ask lots of questions and for pictures of what they have for enclosure to take care of her.
Amen!

Digr

Paulden AZ
Thank you for that info. I would like to meet the interested person and see their tortoise environment. Is it better then to charge a fee to deter those predators?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you for that info. I would like to meet the interested person and see their tortoise environment. Is it better then to charge a fee to deter those predators?
Usually a fee helps but unfortunately you can not sell on this forum without meeting the rules. But my concern would be more for a dog or cat to be mistreated, used for fighting, baiting, if no fee was asked for.