Juvenile Sulcata For Adoption - Near Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise fan

We have been caring for a juvenile female sulcata but do not have the space to keep her as she grows. We took her in when her original owners were unable to care for her. She is currently happy in our garden but will outgrow it over time. We are anxious to find her a good permanent home with plenty of outdoor space; she is just under three years old and is active, bright eyed and friendly and is used to people and other animals. Her diet is high fiber/low protein and is currently a mix of hay, wild grasses, edible weeds and occasional hibiscus and prickly pear cactus pads with the spikes removed. We are in Southern California near Los Angeles/Santa Monica Mountains. We would be grateful if any tortoise lovers with space for a new family member might be able to adopt her; she is free to a good home. Thank you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I doubt at three years of age the gender of the tortoise is visible yet.

tortoise fan

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I doubt at three years of age the gender of the tortoise is visible yet.

Thank you for your feedback Yvonne! I appreciate it. Compared to the images I've looked at online, she or he looks most like a female at the moment!
I wasn't sure at what age this becomes certain. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would; but whatever the gender - he/she is very cute :<3:

Tortugatron

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Buhl, Idaho
Hello @tortoise fan and welcome to the forum!

I live in Riverside and we take in tortoises that need a permanent home, especially sulcatas. If you need a home and prefer local, we can take your tortoise in. Let me know through pm if interested. I can provide pictures of the enclosure and references. I am also able to pick up.

tortoise fan

Hello @tortoise fan and welcome to the forum!

I live in Riverside and we take in tortoises that need a permanent home, especially sulcatas. If you need a home and prefer local, we can take your tortoise in. Let me know through pm if interested. I can provide pictures of the enclosure and references. I am also able to pick up.

Thank you Tortugatron, it would be lovely to find her/him a local home. I have sent you a pm with my email address.
thank you again.

dclockwood

We have been caring for a juvenile female sulcata but do not have the space to keep her as she grows. We took her in when her original owners were unable to care for her. She is currently happy in our garden but will outgrow it over time. We are anxious to find her a good permanent home with plenty of outdoor space; she is just under three years old and is active, bright eyed and friendly and is used to people and other animals. Her diet is high fiber/low protein and is currently a mix of hay, wild grasses, edible weeds and occasional hibiscus and prickly pear cactus pads with the spikes removed. We are in Southern California near Los Angeles/Santa Monica Mountains. We would be grateful if any tortoise lovers with space for a new family member might be able to adopt her; she is free to a good home. Thank you.
I am interested in adopting! I will be back in CA handling some personal affairs in early August. I live in Central Texas and have a large yard available when they are large enough to completely free roam. I also have an outdoor room that would be turned into a heat room for cooler days. I currently have a Russian but have been looking at getting a Sulcata for some time. I've been doing lots of research and have several veterinarians whom see exotics that I know personally. I also have access to Texas A&M should it ever be required beyond what my vets can do. Please let me know if it would be an option to pick them up when I am home in August!

I would absolutely love to adopt her! I could pay for overnight live animal shipping to Missouri. I can send pics of where she'd be living or any other info if you'd like! My email is [email protected] and phone is (573) 999-2881.

Status
Not open for further replies.