Kendall and Kasey are a year old now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
They grow so fast! *sniff* ;)

So tiny! This is right before I got them (a pic that Kevin sent me. I picked Kendall, he picked Kasey for me.)

1102125.jpg

And here they are now. Look at all that dark new growth. They have really been packing it on the last few weeks!

Kendall

144.jpg

Kasey

142.jpg

This is Kendall two months ago. That shows just how much new growth they have gained in the last two months.

DSCF7842.jpg

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
They are beautiful, as much as I dont want Levi to grow up I want to see him big and beautiful too!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
You would ask, lol. I just weighed them the other day, but I also weighed everyone else.... If I remember correctly, they are just over 300 grams.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Yes I had to ask:p, they look very good. My hatchling just went over a year and is just under 300 grams but he doesn't look as good as Kasey and Kendall....

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks Tom :) I was going to post pics of Dee, Dusty, and Devon today but left my camera at home :(

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing many more pictures of these two.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Aww, just look at how nicely they are growing! Looks like you are doing an amazing job. You must be so proud. :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
They look great to me! I just can't believe Cooper is just over a year now and he weighs over 1600 grams and yours are just over 300 grams. Makes me wonder if something is wrong with my Cooper? Like when people grow to over 7 feet tall. I am going to weigh him when I get home and post the picture. Also Cooper had a lot of light color on him when he was younger, but now its just little spots of light, the rest is all dark... Any thoughts Kristina?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Nothing is wrong with Cooper. Every tortoise grows different, even clutchmates.

The reason that the new growth is dark is because of lack of sun exposure. When they spend a lot of time in the sun (Kendall and Kasey were outside for 4 months straight this summer) they are a lot lighter colored.

Status
Not open for further replies.