Kendall, Kasey, Dee, Dusty, and Devon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Here are some new pics of the kids!

Kendall and Kasey will be a year old next month. They are getting big and I think they are just beautiful!

DSCF7841.jpg

Kendall

DSCF7842.jpg

Kasey

DSCF7843.jpg

And here are Los Tres Amigos. These are the kids that I kept outside all summer long in a very secure pen.

They did grow a little over the summer, and they did gain weight, but it was very little. Since they have been inside, their weight has really kicked up and their growth has been much more noticeable. The interesting thing is that their enclosure inside is actually COOLER than the temps were OUTSIDE this past summer.

They are active, eat very well and have nice little hard shells, even if they are on the small side ;)

DSCF7844.jpg

DSCF7845.jpg

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
They are so beautiful. How did you get them so smooth?

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
They look beautiful! Looks at how light colored they are! Amazing what the sun will do to their coloring! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They all look fantastic.

Interesting results...

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
What can I say, other than "thanks" for taking care of my babies? They have a good home! :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I know Tom... The exact opposite of what I was expecting happened.

They are about 6 months apart in age. Kendall and Kasey were raised indoors the first 6 months of their life. The other three went outside the day I got them. I will continue to track their growth through the winter... I am interested to know if they will "catch up" at all.

Thanks everyone!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Great pic's Kristina! Just wondering, how big are your yearlings? I need to measure and weigh Cooper tonight, but as of 2 weeks ago he was 808 grams at 11 months. He is getting so big so fast! The funny thing was I weighed him before our soak and he was 846 grams, so he pooped out 38 grams in one poop! LOL! Have a great night! :):)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kristina said:

They are about 6 months apart in age. Kendall and Kasey were raised indoors the first 6 months of their life. The other three went outside the day I got them. I will continue to track their growth through the winter... I am interested to know if they will "catch up" at all.

Thanks everyone!

We were just talking about something similar with your Manouria and some of the other members Manouria. It seemed like in some cases they were so stimulated by all the "stuff" of being outside that they spent more time doing "stuff" than obsessing about food. In their indoor environments it seems like there is so much less to think about, that they just spend more time eating. Just speculating/guessing here. Either way their shells and appearance is quite attractive.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Tom said:
Kristina said:

Thanks everyone!

We were just talking about something similar with your Manouria and some of the other members Manouria. It seemed like in some cases they were so stimulated by all the "stuff" of being outside that they spent more time doing "stuff" than obsessing about food. In their indoor environments it seems like there is so much less to think about, that they just spend more time eating. Just speculating/guessing here. Either way their shells and appearance is quite attractive.

To be honest, NONE of my babies did much growing outside over the summer. They did spend the majority of their time hiding. Now, all my baby enclosures were heavily planted, lots of cover, sight breaks, and secure.

I do keep them in glass aquariums indoors, but they seem to be much more active. They do use their hides, but not as much.

BrinnANDGupta said:
There gorgeous ! :) is it normal for their heads to be that dark and black ?

It's dirt, lol. They dig and bury themselves, and I can only scrub at it for so long before they get annoyed ;) Doesn't hurt them any.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
ok i have to sullys are one is 75 grams and one 95 grams i was told there were 1 year old . However to me that seems small or it could be ther were keep in inside with very little uvb uva light. what do you all think

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
They are beautiful!! Great looking torts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.