King Arthur table

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area, California
Hi, I want to post pics of indoor table where King Arthur sleeps nightly. Yes I know and have read the Tortoise 🐢 recommend guide lines.. but for some strange reason I came up with thus.this.. the bedding is Aspen and shakes of Orchid Bark, the lighting is a zoo med 100watt uv-self ballasted vapor light. And a t5 uvb light bar.. I put on once n awhile. All goes off at night. He sleeps in cubby area(same bedding) heat lamp inside and I turn off because it's hot !! See slate feeding also use Repti Calcium. I do need to get cuttle bone.. What do you think.. by the way.. Im not sure this is a correct way to post this. 20220820_191015.jpg20220820_191001.jpg
20220820_190953.jpg20220820_190936.jpg20220820_190925.jpg20220820_190522.jpg20220820_190448.jpg20220820_190440.jpg20220820_190421.jpg20220820_190408.jpg20220820_190356.jpg20220820_190356.jpg20220820_190349.jpg

Attachments

• 20220820_190329.jpg
    20220820_190329.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The ASPEN bedding needs to go. That's more for something like a hamster.
Also, the MVB light needs to be switched out for a CHE.
I thought we'd gone over this previously

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Bay Area, California
The ASPEN bedding needs to go. That's more for something like a hamster.
Also, the MVB light needs to be switched out for a CHE.
I thought we'd gone over this previously
We may have gone over this.. not necessary to say.. if not interested in responding respectively, just don't respond.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I swear, i responded to this post 6 hours ago, but it didnt show.

Id say it’s best to replace the Aspen with orchid bark, and swap out your temp gauge with a good AcuRite one (with a probe).

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Bay Area, California
I swear, i responded to this post 6 hours ago, but it didnt show.

Id say it’s best to replace the Aspen with orchid bark, and swap out your temp gauge with a good AcuRite one (with a probe).
Ok.. I think you did too.. I'll shop AcuRite n Orchid Bark , I will say seems uncomfortable to be on Bark 100% and how about digging in. ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ok.. I think you did too.. I'll shop AcuRite n Orchid Bark , I will say seems uncomfortable to be on Bark 100% and how about digging in. ?

There are different grades of orchid bark - fine, medium, coarse. You could also use 100% cypress mulch. (My preferred mulch really…..but Tom always suggests orchid bark). Try a mix of coir, orchid bark & cypress. It never has to be one or the other. But….Aspen bedding will easily mold & mildew when it becomes warm & wet.

Tony B

Cedar Park,Texas
Your habitat is awesome,so jealous,that being said,it seems your heat source is at the wrong end,personally I would get a larger water dish and place it under your heat source,something like a terra cotta planter dish,this will boost your humidity level,your uv light is too high,you can lower it about 4or 5 inches with ty wire from the same rack you have it on,if possible try to cover your box,to help hold in the heat and humidity,I know it sucks not being able to look in on em,you can use th wire to make a tent over it,doesn't have to hold that much weight,a little duck tape and a plastic drop cloth should do,but you may have better idea as.

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Bay Area, California
Your habitat is awesome,so jealous,that being said,it seems your heat source is at the wrong end,personally I would get a larger water dish and place it under your heat source,something like a terra cotta planter dish,this will boost your humidity level,your uv light is too high,you can lower it about 4or 5 inches with ty wire from the same rack you have it on,if possible try to cover your box,to help hold in the heat and humidity,I know it sucks not being able to look in on em,you can use th wire to make a tent over it,doesn't have to hold that much weight,a little duck tape and a plastic drop cloth should do,but you may have better idea as.
Thank you.. I appreciate your time and I was wondering about a cover of sorts, I'll do that bigger dish, change bedding.. ok 👍

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Your MVB
We may have gone over this.. not necessary to say.. if not interested in responding respectively, just don't respond.
I've just gone over your previous posts and I'm incorrect that we've spoken at length about MVB lights before
I apologize. I had mistaken you for another member.

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Bay Area, California
Your MVB

I've just gone over your previous posts and I'm incorrect that we've spoken at length about MVB lights before
I apologize. I had mistaken you for another member.
It's ok,.Thank you.. I've like what you posted to me before.. I thought I was mistaken..and maybe you did go over stuff before, Because I'm not that confident I could easily repeat stuff..