Lacking protein?

mack_is_my_baby

Location (City and/or State)
Austin, Texas
My Speke’s hinge-back tort doesn’t get protein. He eats leafy greens such as collard greens, mustard greens, kale, romaine lettuce and carrots.
There isn’t much info out there about Spekii hinge-backs. I don’t want to get him some food that other tortoises can eat that he can’t.
Are there a certain type of worms or crickets (dead or alive) that he can safely eat for protein and more variety to his diet?
Thanks a lot!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
My Speke’s hinge-back tort doesn’t get protein. He eats leafy greens such as collard greens, mustard greens, kale, romaine lettuce and carrots.
There isn’t much info out there about Spekii hinge-backs. I don’t want to get him some food that other tortoises can eat that he can’t.
Are there a certain type of worms or crickets (dead or alive) that he can safely eat for protein and more variety to his diet?
Thanks a lot!
Red wigglers, earth worms, even crickets. But crickets can get out. You can also use mazuri turtle diet soften it and mix in with the greens and mushrooms. Most Kinixys favor isopod as well, like snails.