Lambs Quarters?

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
D71AB70C-A963-49F1-87E1-750696156A9D.jpeg Are these lambs quarters? They are all over my yard but tort table says not the best?

daniellenc

Maryland
Just realized these are a no feed and not what I thought I read. One more thing to clear out of my yard oy

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Plenty of knowlegeable owners feed this. I know all the conflicting information is a pain but this one is fine in moderation.

If your tort will eat it...mine won’t take more than the occasional bite.

daniellenc

Maryland
@RosemaryDW in spring and summer it’s very hot and humid here 6 months out of the year that is. So I get so much growth I’m unknown too until Skurt that is lol. These get a white weird residue on them and he’s not in the yard yet. But I want to plant only safe stuff so slowly clearing stuff out

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Yes, it does have a white coating on the underside. That’s normal.

It can overtake your yard so no harm in weeding it, especially since it makes you nervous. But it’s fine if he has some.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Wow, i never heard this plant could have anything toxic! I'm eating a bunch myself lately. Very nutritious.
And i offer it to my boxies.
This is my little Rorg 2 years ago. 1st time i saw him eating greens. He survived:

daniellenc

Maryland
I have seen lambs quarters listed here so was shocked to see it as no feed on tortoise table. Still think it’ll go it is taking over my yard and it’d be my luck he likes it lol.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Remember that the Tortoise Table is extremely conversative; some of what they put on the no feed list are plants they don’t know about one way or the other.

I take things out that are safe whenever they start growing “like a weed” myself, though. :)