Vitamins

Jennie Dlenxh

Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth UK
Hi, I have adopted two juveniles about 6 years old and an adult make of about 15 ish! The two younger ones seem a little ‘pale’ so the vet advised an ‘over the counter supplement’ for all of them as we are unsure what they have been eating. They are eating moistened Komodo food as that is what they were eating before, and I’ve added Lambs Lettuce until outdoor food is more available. I sprinkle calcidust too but need some advice please.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Hello! What species are they? Pictures of the tortoises and their enclosure set-up would help us give appropriate advice :)

Jennie Dlenxh

Plymouth UK
They are all Hermans. I haven’t got pictures but the two smaller ones are on a tortoise table 6ft by 3feet, and the older one is in a large vivarium, all on orchid bark with UVB lamps and heaters. The Vivarium came with him, and he goes outdoors in the summer apparently. The smaller girls have never been outdoors I believe.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
They are all Hermans. I haven’t got pictures but the two smaller ones are on a tortoise table 6ft by 3feet, and the older one is in a large vivarium, all on orchid bark with UVB lamps and heaters. The Vivarium came with him, and he goes outdoors in the summer apparently. The smaller girls have never been outdoors I believe.
If you go to the Tortoise Diet section in the forum there are many good recommendations!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi, I have adopted two juveniles about 6 years old and an adult make of about 15 ish! The two younger ones seem a little ‘pale’ so the vet advised an ‘over the counter supplement’ for all of them as we are unsure what they have been eating. They are eating moistened Komodo food as that is what they were eating before, and I’ve added Lambs Lettuce until outdoor food is more available. I sprinkle calcidust too but need some advice please.
Food, housing and supplements are all covered here:

Jennie Dlenxh

Plymouth UK
I read this one and it helped a lot in getting set up. I have Calcidust but finding a UK brand of vitamins, as a back up, is my issue. From what I remember from my ‘old tortoise’ years ago, I think their tongues are a little pale. Vet said their ‘OK’ but an over the counter supplement would be good, but there are quite a few! I want to give them a better life and avoid MBD!