Large Berry Identification Oregon

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I was on a cool nature walk on the Oregon Coast over near Rockaway Beach in a cool swamp/forest park they have. There were berries growing all over the place too. So I was trying to identify one of the random big kind we kept seeing. They were big long purple berries like an inch or two long hanging from the plant. My boyfriend couldn't help himself and broke one in half and it had a bunch of tiny seeds inside. I warned him not to sample random forest berries and I would figure out what they are. I wish I had a pic , my bad. But they were pretty big.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
So I was on a cool nature walk on the Oregon Coast over near Rockaway Beach in a cool swamp/forest park they have. There were berries growing all over the place too. So I was trying to identify one of the random big kind we kept seeing. They were big long purple berries like an inch or two long hanging from the plant. My boyfriend couldn't help himself and broke one in half and it had a bunch of tiny seeds inside. I warned him not to sample random forest berries and I would figure out what they are. I wish I had a pic , my bad. But they were pretty big.
You could try a Google search like type "Big purple berries Oregon coast" and see what comes up.

Shelled

Oxfordshire
Use the 'Picture This' app. No need to sign up, just click the pop up away. Take a picture, or select a picture and let the app identify it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The 'long' part, along with it possibly being 2" bring blackberries to my mind first.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Oh man, I think they are supposed to be called haskap berries , honey berries. Darn, they are supposed to be quite good!!!
Haskap_berries_on_the_vine_540x.jpg

Shelled

Oxfordshire
Oh man, I think they are supposed to be called haskap berries , honey berries. Darn, they are supposed to be quite good!!!
View attachment 350225
When I take a picture of this photo with the PictureThis app that's what it identifies it as, a haskap berry, or honeyberry, honeysuckle, Lonicera caerulea. Not sure why the app wouldn't work for others.