Large leo

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
From Karen, a facebook friend.

Faith with my new 15” male, she is 20.5” Still trying to decide on name for him.

From another image on Garden View Tortoises, a facebook page.
She is 20.5” and 56 lbs. My son was right there helping me because I couldn’t get her up there or keep her there for long. I’m 5’2” for perspective. Amazingly she isn’t even 5 years old yet.

Attachments

• Karen's leo.pdf
    684.7 KB · Views: 70

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Will!! Where does this monster live?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
From Karen, a facebook friend.

Faith with my new 15” male, she is 20.5” Still trying to decide on name for him.

From another image on Garden View Tortoises, a facebook page.
She is 20.5” and 56 lbs. My son was right there helping me because I couldn’t get her up there or keep her there for long. I’m 5’2” for perspective. Amazingly she isn’t even 5 years old yet.
I was actually just about to message you Will. I've been talking to Karen and she said this female was purchased as a baby from Wanda Patterson. Do you remember what line Wanda Patterson's adults originated from? I know she no longer breeds PP

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I don't have much to contribute further. I have spoken with Karen a few times, she never mentioned this animal before, not that she should have?. For me, it
'came out of the blue'. We have spoken much about leos, Karen just became aware of them a few years ago, buying an individual from a local pet shop, not knowing anything about the different phenotypes at that time. The petshop earlier female was bred to some babcocki type male, then finding out about the different phenotypes, she got a similar phenotype male. But all that has been since 2015, I don't know if I have a failing memory, heard something wrong, or otherwise how to reconcile what might be different histories.

Wanda P. is an even bigger mystery to me. Wanda's vendor reviews on Faunaclassified are not friendly towards her, mostly regarding dwarf white leos or something like that.

I was actually just about to message you Will. I've been talking to Karen and she said this female was purchased as a baby from Wanda Patterson. Do you remember what line Wanda Patterson's adults originated from? I know she no longer breeds PP

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I don't have much to contribute further. I have spoken with Karen a few times, she never mentioned this animal before, not that she should have?. For me, it
'came out of the blue'. We have spoken much about leos, Karen just became aware of them a few years ago, buying an individual from a local pet shop, not knowing anything about the different phenotypes at that time. The petshop earlier female was bred to some babcocki type male, then finding out about the different phenotypes, she got a similar phenotype male. But all that has been since 2015, I don't know if I have a failing memory, heard something wrong, or otherwise how to reconcile what might be different histories.

Wanda P. is an even bigger mystery to me. Wanda's vendor reviews on Faunaclassified are not friendly towards her, mostly regarding dwarf white leos or something like that.
Karen has picked my brain a lot over the past year. She just acquired that female in a trade with another lady. I remember seeing pictures of Wanda Pattersons large female which was quite large but didn't look like a typical SA leopard. I've been searching to see if I could find a picture and I haven't had any luck yet.

Robber

10 Year Member!
MO, USA
Karen has picked my brain a lot over the past year. She just acquired that female in a trade with another lady. I remember seeing pictures of Wanda Pattersons large female which was quite large but didn't look like a typical SA leopard. I've been searching to see if I could find a picture and I haven't had any luck yet.
This is the (in)famous pic:
1111884.jpg