LAYLANDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolly

5 Year Member
Hi All not been on here for a bit, I seem to only come on when I have a problem......sorry..............My next door neighb our has just had her lilandi headge clipped...(sorry I don't no how to spell it) but its a pine type thing.....The silly man who cut the hedge dropped quite a bit of the pine leaves in my garden and as my African Spur thigh torts (Lolly and Dolly, roam free I was wondering if these needles are poisonus to them...I have cleaned up the pine needles as best I can but my back garden is mostly patio and pebbles...can anyone advise me please.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You are probably fine. I don't know this plant, but I had pine needles regularly falling into one of my sulcata pens and this is one of the only things they WOULDN'T eat.

Are they eating the needles?

I can't recall seeing pics of Lolly and Dolly. Could we see some, PLEEEEEASE.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think laylandii is a type of cypress shrub. I doubt the tortoise would eat the fallen needles. Probably too pungent for his taste. I have one in my Asian tortoises' rain forest. Other than hiding under it, I've never seen them eat the fallen needles...and they'll eat EVERYTHING!!

Lolly

5 Year Member
Tom said:
You are probably fine. I don't know this plant, but I had pine needles regularly falling into one of my sulcata pens and this is one of the only things they WOULDN'T eat.

Thanks Tom & emysmys for putting my mind at rest...as for putting a photo on here...Im sorry but I don't know how to. perhaps someone could help me with that too.......lol

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Animals are pretty good about not eating what they are not suppose to unless they are starving and have no choice. :D

Lolly

5 Year Member
Lolly said:
Tom said:

Thanks Tom & emysmys for putting my mind at rest...as for putting a photo on here...Im sorry but I don't know how to. perhaps someone could help me with that too.......lol

I have tried to put photo's on here before but according to your guide for putting photo's on here, you have to go through (Photo bucket) which I don't have on my laptop......sorry....I do hav e some video footage of Lolly and Dolly any advice on how I put a vedio on here.....please

Status
Not open for further replies.