Leo scared Dad today...

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So I woke up this morning and started my critter rounds lol. When I got to Leo I was cleaning his water bowl and saw a little stone in his water. The stone was about 3/8" long by 1/4" wide. I was trying to figure out how it got there because it wasn't there last night when I told him goodnight. Only thing I can figure out is that he ingested it while getting some sun on our rock driveway. I'm glad he passed it and I also know he won't be going out on the driveway anymore. Silly little guy trying to give Dad a heart attack lol.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
You know I started leaving a trail of crushed (cooked) eggshells outside here and there, now they eat those. Plus a small source of calcium. :) so instead of pebble hunting, they look for eggshells.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Bit worrying though.
They're silly little blighters sometimes aren't they?

Mariah717

You know I started leaving a trail of crushed (cooked) eggshells outside here and there, now they eat those. Plus a small source of calcium.  so instead of pebble hunting, they look for eggshells.

Like from hard boiled eggs? Is that safe for smaller tortoises? Curious because my year old sulcata has zero interest in a cuttle bone and doesn't eat as much as ussualy when I use the powdered kind.