leopard and sulcata differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el paso tx
I hopefully have a chance to pick up two new leopard hatchlings in the next couple of weeks, Besides the obvious size issue, what are the biggest differences in raising these two breeds. When grown, can they be in the same yard?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Many folks are against keeping ANY torts of different species together , although I have seen plenty of times leo's and sullie's housed together. Like you said SIZE is the #1 difference , and from my own personal experience I find the Sullie's more outgoing and
"more of a menace" when it comes to the yard and it surroundings. Not that it's bad ...but a 100# sullie will "modify" your existing landscape rather quickly..... I find most leo's to be on more of the shy side and not as determined to roam, yet so beautiful. Both are great species and wonderful torts....just think if we could mix the two ? ...:p

JD~:)

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Someone on here has some crossed sully/leo hatchlings. I can't remember who off the top of my head though.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
DocNezzy said:
Someone on here has some crossed sully/leo hatchlings. I can't remember who off the top of my head though.

N2TORTS, who post just before you has the sully/leo hatchlings you speak of...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
dalano73 said:
DocNezzy said:

N2TORTS, who post just before you has the sully/leo hatchlings you speak of...

yup..............:p

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
I'm guessing whoever made the sully/leo crosses housed them in the same place...

:)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
As far as care goes, you can give them the exact same type of care, food, whatever. Whether you house them together...is up to you, I wouldn't just because I wouldn't want any hybrids...sorry JD :).

Status
Not open for further replies.