Babcocki vs PP

spjr6

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hello all.. I’m fairly new to Leopard torts, and I’ve been doing some research on the two subspecies. I know that there are a few differences between the two (size, behavior, growth rate etc..). But, what is the size difference of a full grown PP to that of Babcocki? Pictures showing the size difference would be great.

Thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
IMG_2856.JPG Here is a female Babcocki and a female Babcocki and Pp mix. The smaller one of course being the Bab. My two males are also Babs and about the same size as the female.
If the mix were full PP which seems to be harder to find, she may even be bigger.
Oh there's less then a year in age difference.

spjr6

Louisiana
View attachment 231537 Here is a female Babcocki and a female Babcocki and Pp mix. The smaller one of course being the Bab. My two males are also Babs and about the same size as the female.
If the mix were full PP which seems to be harder to find, she may even be bigger.
Oh there's less then a year in age difference.

Thanks for reply! & Wow.. ok, that’s quite a big difference in size. Also, Is it true that the Bab and PP mix have different personalities than full Babs and PP?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know about full pp read a lot on here they are more out going then the babs. I can say that my two male babs are very out going and friendly. My female Bab is not at all out going or friendly. The mix female is very out going and friendly