leopard babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've had a few inquires based on this thread. I posted them along with some pancakes for sale in the "For Sale" section of TFO. I offered them also to a very local FaceBook group associated with reptile keepers in northern San Diego County. Next week I will widen that offer. I typically have about the most competitive price advertised. Once the offer is broadened they will sell quick. Yvonne sent me home with some eggs, they are hatching now, I will hold those until mid August, then post them for sale.

If you are local to the greater San Diego area, please feel welcome to just come in person to buy. Shipping always wracks my nerves.

When you say "Normal regular non-differentiated genotype leopards (yes, I think that is funny)" does that mean you don't know if they are P.pardalis or P.babcocki?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
When you say "Normal regular non-differentiated genotype leopards (yes, I think that is funny)" does that mean you don't know if they are P.pardalis or P.babcocki?
I mean I don't subscribe to those designations, they are not based on any hard evidence, just say so, and selective breeding by people. In short I provide an image so you can decide if they meet your criteria for one phenotype or another.

These animals are know as Stigmochelys pardalis as the entire binomial designation.

I mean I don't subscribe to those designations, they are not based on any hard evidence, just say so, and selective breeding by people. In short I provide an image so you can decide if they meet your criteria for one phenotype or another.

These animals are know as Stigmochelys pardalis as the entire binomial designation.

That's fascinating. I don't pretend to know enough to comment either way. I have spent some time reading posts here and looking at picture trying to figure out what mine is and didn't realize this was controversial. Any idea where the South Africa leopard idea comes from? I think @Tom, @yvonne and @diamondbp have extensive threads on this.
Can anyone explain the discrepancy?

That's fascinating. I don't pretend to know enough to comment either way. I have spent some time reading posts here and looking at picture trying to figure out what mine is and didn't realize this was controversial. Any idea where the South Africa leopard idea comes from? I think @Tom, @yvonne and @diamondbp have extensive threads on this.

And here's mine, whatever it is

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436317371.850458.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

Will and I don't happen to agree on this subject. There are many on both sides of the fence. I do believe there is a Pardalis pardalis and a pardalis babcocki. I think you can tell the difference between the two. Some feel it's mainly a geographical difference, and not a total different sub species. There could be lots of arguments on the subject, but it will take actual science to prove or disprove it.

Incidentally, the babies in this thread are what I call babcock.

Will and I don't happen to agree on this subject. There are many on both sides of the fence. I do believe there is a Pardalis pardalis and a pardalis babcocki. I think you can tell the difference between the two. Some feel it's mainly a geographical difference, and not a total different sub species. There could be lots of arguments on the subject, but it will take actual science to prove or disprove it.

Incidentally, the babies in this thread are what I call babcock.

Thanks! Oh, and happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.