lepocatas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
That sulcata as in the one he bought? I do believe it, i talked to the guy hes getting them from, its not the first time this has happened either... its not a unicorn...

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I also believe it...its kind of offensive to call it a sulcata, especially since it is not your tortoise.

I am excited to see pics of the other baby he's getting as well.

aluras

10 Year Member!
i just ordered another one :D:D

dcoolguy68 said:
You guys really believe that sulcata is a lepocata?
ya know, I do believe its a lepocata. there truly is no need to be rude about it MR.coolguy, This tread i started was to get some insight about these rare animals and to see if anyone had some advice.......do you have some advice?? if you do please share, I would love to hear it...all sarcasm aside.If not thats cool too, Wether or not these are what the BREEDER says they are Im stoked on them, and want to know everything I can about them,,,,,,,hence the reason i posted on this forum. That is all I have to say for you DCOOLGUY68, Thanks for your contribution to this thread.
~Aaron

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Now, now, Ladies & Gents! No reason for anyone to get snippety...

DCoolGuy, if you don't believe his tort is what he thinks it is, perhaps that is something you should privately email to him? Surely there is no reason to be rude about having a difference of opinion..

And Janiedough, perhaps you, too, should have written your comments directly to MillerLite; personally, I don't believe his pic has been photochopped, (And yes, I do have experience with digital cameras and the various programs used to enhance or change the originally captured image) but each does is entitled to have their own viewpoints.

Aaron, I wish you well with your new little buddie; these two are not from the same batch, are they? I'm sure glad your breeder turned out to be on the up & up; I always get nervous when purchasing things online & then find later that I cannot contact them further. Do you know the sex of either Spook or your soon-to-arrive shelled child?

And MillerLite, too too funny about "it's not a unicorn", LOL. And you are correct, about how some traits may be more evident in the offspring; even within the same clutch you can get wild variations.

Anyways, I'm excited to see new pic's just like Meg ~ once again, Congrats.
{Okay, the grumpty 'parent' has left the room, now the kids may squabble as they please, lol}

;) Blessings to All,
Purpod

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Why is everyone getting all pissy? Idk but I honestly wouldn't believe it until I saw the parents mating myself, I wouldn't believe some random dude. That's all I'm saying, no reason to get mad over nothing.

aluras

10 Year Member!
dcoolguy68 said:
Why is everyone getting all pissy? Idk but I honestly wouldn't believe it until I saw the parents mating myself, I wouldn't believe some random dude. That's all I'm saying, no reason to get mad over nothing.

I agree with you, im really not "Mad" over the situation. I just got on here to get some opinions. No one Really knows much about this mixed species,,,,,you seem to not think its a mix and thats all fine and dandy,,That does not bother me. I have some really pretty tortoises and Im happy with that. You (dcoolguy68) were saying that you dont think it looks like a cross breed......if you could find some pics of a cross breed then I would be really stoked to see them. I for one am not sure what they are "Supposed" to look like,,,,and frankly it seems that no one else does either. Im not trying to get "pissy" about it at all, really, I was just trying to get some feedback on what everyone thought. So I guess all in all, thanks for your contribution to the thread, I do like it when we can discuss these things as a whole.
~Aaron

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
aluras said:
..if you could find some pics of a cross breed then I would be really stoked to see them. I for one am not sure what they are "Supposed" to look like,,,,
~Aaron

I have seen pictures of a leopard/sulcata cross. I've been trying to find them to put up on this thread, but I'm afraid I can't. The one that I saw was badly pyramided. The over-all shape was of a sulcata, however, it had faint tracings of the leopard pattern all over the carapace. I'll keep looking.

Yvonne

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I agree with you Aluras, if it's a cross breed it could look like anything but I'm going by what I see in the picture which he/she looks 99% sulcata. But who knows maybe he/she will show more characteristics of both when it grows bigger. Cause people say that it has spots on its shell but so does mine lol. I'll post a picture of him soon.

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
InterestingTortoises.jpg

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Now those look like cross breeds, where did you get that picture from?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Here is a link from turtletimes EJ posted that picture on that thread, not sure where he found the picture... we were talking about this a few months ago.

http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/index....&hl=hybrid

As you can see some look more leopard some look sulcata. The one at the bottom looks sulcata while the others have more of both traits. If you looked at the ad the guy or breeder had the same type of clutch some looking more then other.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
The look so much rounder too...I love that leos look like little pingpong balls, so ROUND! :D I can kind of see that in the above pic, even in the babies that have more sulcata coloring....

Any new pics of your baby Aaron? Maybe the color would show up better in a well lit pic, but with no flash

Status
Not open for further replies.