Rescued Sulcata Pyramiding Question

Location (City and/or State)
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hi all!

I would greatly appreciate any tips or feedback on Tina’s health. If at all possible, I want to stop this pyramiding from progressing and we want to provide the best life we can for her.

Last year, we rescued our 12 y/o female Sulcata (Tina) who had basically been raised in a sand backyard with no heated night box with a diet of almost exclusively romaine hearts. Presumably because of the aforementioned conditions, we found her with a fairly significant case of pyramiding.

Since living with us, I constructed a heated and insulated night box designed by @Tom and she has full roam to graze our grass (supervised) 3-4 times/week and has mixed supplemented diet including: dandelion, grape leaf, cactus pads, teff hay, Timothy hay, Bermuda hay and some other misc items occasionally.

For background, we live in SoCal and She is about 24” and weights close to 50lbs.

Thank you all for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_4020.jpeg
    IMG_4020.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4019.jpeg
    IMG_4019.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The pyramiding happens when they are growing. Tina is all grown up. She might get a little bigger, but not much. All you can do now is feed her well, keep her hydrated, and keep her warm.

San Juan Capistrano, CA
The pyramiding happens when they are growing. Tina is all grown up. She might get a little bigger, but not much. All you can do now is feed her well, keep her hydrated, and keep her warm.
As always, thank you! Good to know about her size! I thought she still had a lot of growing to do. She seemed so petite for a Sulcata based on some of the big Males I have seen.