LETS SEE WHAT YOU GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
This is my garden from a couple of weeks ago...

Not much has changed since then. There are 'maters and peppers hiding under plastic jugs and a small patch with turnips and kohlrabi. Oh yes and lots of baby weeds. :D Thank goodness the flower beds are not so far behind and have blooms. :D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jacqui said:
This is my garden from a couple of weeks ago...

Not much has changed since then. There are 'maters and peppers hiding under plastic jugs and a small patch with turnips and kohlrabi. Oh yes and lots of baby weeds. :D Thank goodness the flower beds are not so far behind and have blooms. :D

Very nice, You have alot of space to work with. My space is limited thats why mine is scatterd all over the place. I could picture corn rows in your space, you will have to keep us updated as it starts to grow in.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have never had luck with sweet corn, so don't even try any more. Most of my space normally go for 'maters since I want to always try all the types offered and you know what, that's a heck of a lot of 'maters. :D Of course we had hail off and on all night (with high winds) and as I am writing this, the hail is back. Not sure how well anything is going to be looking by tomorrow.

On the other side of the fence you can barely see at the back of the first picture is another about 8' which has a row of rhubarb plants. I have lots of space here and many large sections not being used, so space is not my problem. :cool:

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jacqui said:
I have never had luck with sweet corn, so don't even try any more. Most of my space normally go for 'maters since I want to always try all the types offered and you know what, that's a heck of a lot of 'maters. :D Of course we had hail off and on all night (with high winds) and as I am writing this, the hail is back. Not sure how well anything is going to be looking by tomorrow.

On the other side of the fence you can barely see at the back of the first picture is another about 8' which has a row of rhubarb plants. I have lots of space here and many large sections not being used, so space is not my problem. :cool:

I had a rhubarb plant that was doing fine until it got real hot last year and then died. I think the direct sun killed it but not sure.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I has been rainy lately, so I wasn't able to get in and weed. Went to do that today and I noticed I had a good crop of "weed" weeds growing. I took this picture before I finished weeding that area. :D

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We've had a very good tomato crop this year:

I am approx. 6 feet tall. The cherry tomato in the back is close to 7 feet now.

004-19_zpsfe0d5e9c.jpg

We have four tomato plants, a few peppers, squash, watermelon, cucumber, and green beans.

005-10_zps5873ce8e.jpg

And can you believe it? Pineapples in AZ! I hope I actually get some fruit from them.

008-7_zpsbf22804f.jpg

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Stop throwing your seeds on the ground.
Jacqui said:
I has been rainy lately, so I wasn't able to get in and weed. Went to do that today and I noticed I had a good crop of "weed" weeds growing. I took this picture before I finished weeding that area. :D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jacqui said:

Is that what I think it is

Neal said:
We've had a very good tomato crop this year:

I am approx. 6 feet tall. The cherry tomato in the back is close to 7 feet now.

004-19_zpsfe0d5e9c.jpg

We have four tomato plants, a few peppers, squash, watermelon, cucumber, and green beans.

005-10_zps5873ce8e.jpg

And can you believe it? Pineapples in AZ! I hope I actually get some fruit from them.

008-7_zpsbf22804f.jpg

Very nice garden, It must have been nice and warm to get the tomatoe plants that big. We have pineapple plants growing as well and have had them grow pineapples in the past. It takes them ALONG time to produce fruit

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
bigred said:
Jacqui said:

Is that what I think it is

Most likely. :D It's "ditch weed" which grows thick here. It's a shame you can't keep the plants, because they are actually very pretty.

Neal said:
We've had a very good tomato crop this year

Here we look forward to our first tomatoes really coming in July. :D

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I don't have any pictures, but I am growing peppers, Raddichio, various herbs, strawberries, Hibiscus and knockout roses. My Hibiscus was kind of a funny story. I REALLY wanted one because I kept hearing it was a favorite of Russians, so I decided to buy one from Home Depot. They had one left and the poor thing looked HORRIBLE. the leaves and stems were all yellow and drooping and it looked to be on its last leg, so I was able to get it for $5 instead of $15. Well it had been somewhat cold out at the time (it was in the mid 50s for the high) and the soil it was in was dry. I take it home, put it under a window and water it, and I start work on other things. Two hours later I would swear someone replaced it with a different plant because it was bright green and HUGE. I had to repot it immediately, and the next day there was a dozen blooms on it!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Spn785 said:
I don't have any pictures, but I am growing peppers, Raddichio, various herbs, strawberries, Hibiscus and knockout roses. My Hibiscus was kind of a funny story. I REALLY wanted one because I kept hearing it was a favorite of Russians, so I decided to buy one from Home Depot. They had one left and the poor thing looked HORRIBLE. the leaves and stems were all yellow and drooping and it looked to be on its last leg, so I was able to get it for $5 instead of $15. Well it had been somewhat cold out at the time (it was in the mid 50s for the high) and the soil it was in was dry. I take it home, put it under a window and water it, and I start work on other things. Two hours later I would swear someone replaced it with a different plant because it was bright green and HUGE. I had to repot it immediately, and the next day there was a dozen blooms on it!

Great story!! I love when I get something half dead and it comes back. Amazing what a little water, warmth and light did for yours huh?

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
It was crazy! My Dad (who was with me at the time) and I kept joking that I bought a dead plant. LOL

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Spn785 said:
It was crazy! My Dad (who was with me at the time) and I kept joking that I bought a dead plant. LOL

Turns out the joke was on you. :D Sounds like you have a green thumb.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Spn785 said:

Very cool, most tortoises go crazy for hibiscus flowers

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Here is A pretty big Zuccini, I threw the tortoise in with the photo because I thought they went well together. The tortoise is about 6 1/2 inches and the Zuccini is 13 inches. Great tortoise food. I have some pumpkins that are starting to grow as well, torts love those

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
bigred said:
Spn785 said:

Very cool, most tortoises go crazy for hibiscus flowers

Miine certainly does! It is hilarious watching her try and eat one, because the flower is bigger than she is, but she does manage to eat the whole thing every time. But she won't eat the leaves, I think they may be a little tough for her.

Jacqui said:
Spn785 said:

Turns out the joke was on you. :D Sounds like you have a green thumb.

I'm kinda hit and miss with my green thumb. Last summer I couldn't save my bell pepper plant or my Banana pepper plant, but I was able to save my burning bushes and Lillies.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
bigred said:
Had more tomotoes than I thought, here is a bucket of tomatoes

Hey I have some blooms now, does that count? :D I like planting the smaller tomato varieties in flowerbeds and pots scattered in all locations in my yards. Then as I am walking around doing things, I can just reach down and grab one or two. I never seem to think to pick them and bring them into the house. :D I notice that my youngest son especially has picked up this habit/ :D

Your bucket has me hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.